Tested my MC18-B to 220 feet for two hours

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey guys, I finally got around to building my pressure tank and testing one of my lights. They aren't intended to be dive lights...but after pressure testing I might be changing my mind. I had three lights spend 2 hours at 220 feet without any problems. Tomorrow I'm going deeper and increasing the time. I hope to hit three hundred feet but that's pushing the limits of my vessel. We'll see how bold I'm feeling. Certainly not conclusive results yet on max capability, but pretty exciting progress! :thumbsup:

220.jpg

ppot.jpg

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at your other thread it has a rubberised push button on the end?
I think that rules it out as a dive light.

Nice test pot though.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Like I said, not "planned" as a dive light, but if I used a different kind of switch it "could" be a dive light...or so it seems. Right now I'm thinking about a solid tailcap and anodizing the body, machining a conductive path for the head/body and making it into a twisty. :)

archer6817j

Enlightened
300 feet for 2 hours and holding! Do you dive light experts have any suggestions for a switch system on a light this small? 1" body, 1.2" head and 6 inches long. I did a run time test last night and got 1 hour and 50 min on high. 1x 18650 w/ 2.8 amp driver. Cree mce.

b-bassett

Newly Enlightened
if you can get both a positive and a negative feed to the tail, you could go with a latched piezo switch and a fet, should work out the same size as a clicky switch.

otherwise a twisty is probably the simplest, but double up on o-rings

only other thought would be a reed switch/ hall sensor? in the tail and maby a magnet on a ring? size is a bit limited though.