Thanks for the new section

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
Agree on thanks for the section. Showed a buddy my Acebeam LEP and he couldn’t believe it.

Remembertheslap

Newly Enlightened
Is the hotspot at max range useable to the naked eye? Or do you need to view it through a scope or binoculars? Have you tried this? I'm kinda maybe thinking about buying a LEP and rigging it up between high powered binocs on a tripod. They would make amazing Morse signalling devices if two people had a set up like this. Could transmit messages probably for tens of miles.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
Is the hotspot at max range useable to the naked eye? Or do you need to view it through a scope or binoculars? Have you tried this? I'm kinda maybe thinking about buying a LEP and rigging it up between high powered binocs on a tripod. They would make amazing Morse signalling devices if two people had a set up like this. Could transmit messages probably for tens of miles.
Honestly my Acebeam LEP is not useful for much other than being a toy. They’re impressive for sure.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I have to say the same for my LEP. It makes an impressive beam at night, and it might be useful for signaling at night, however I've tried it as a general use flashlight and it doesn't work well for that. Definitely very good at on or two niche applications.

Latest posts