The best charger for 18650/26650 with 4x 1A slots (reliable)

Mr.Led

Newly Enlightened
I think my Sony NiMh charger (the one with the "Refresh" button) just died... Yesterday I charged some Eneloop XX and when finished I couldn't even hold them because they were so hot. I mean, the bodies were really really hot and I got a little burn from touching a + pole... it never happened before, even with the same batteries...

So now I also need a good NiMh charger and kind of short on money since I just ordered a Nitecore EA11 and some batteries. I think I'll get a Xtar VC4 since it got a good review from HKJ. It should be OK, right? I mean, slower, but still good on 4x18650..

markr6

Flashaholic
So now I also need a good NiMh charger and kind of short on money since I just ordered a Nitecore EA11 and some batteries. I think I'll get a Xtar VC4 since it got a good review from HKJ. It should be OK, right? I mean, slower, but still good on 4x18650..

That's a good charger. I wouldn't call 2x1000mA slow, and even 4x500mA isn't bad for 18650s. I think many other chargers do something like 4x375mA? Way too slow for me.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up your budget by $70 and buy two Xtar VP2s.

Chris

Bingo!

$70 when compared to the cost of quality 18650 batteries and the cost of quality flashlights seems like a good choice. If I had a Ferrari I would not put the cheapest gas, oil, and tires on it. :)

Last edited: