The BEST Flashlight In THE WORLD!

LumenMan

Enlightened
I would use it sparingly around the house for a year and then tuck it and the original box away for safe keeping.

Give the boxed flashlight back to him on the first Father's Day that he is actually a father.
You may have to jog his memory a bit about how you got it in the first place but the fact that you kept it safe and sound all those years will mean more to him than words can describe.

Others may just see a old plastic flashlight but your son will see something that you thought was so special it was worth saving and carefully protecting for all those years while he was becoming a grown man and making his way in the world.

Dude ! That's beootiful !! You shuda been a Hallmark greeting card writer :thumbsup:

Seriously, tnuckels, that is a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm certain that your "DAD" light is now your most prized light :)

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's awesome! What a great story. :twothumbs I think he earned a lot of brownie points with that one!

tnuckels

Enlightened
Many thanks for the comments. I hope it made for a small pause in your day and reflective thought of something or someone special in your lives.

My middle son did earn a certain degree of get-out-of-jail-free latitude with this gift, which he has long since used up in spades.

Nubo, crooks also don't know which of the confusing array of light sources to shoot back at, giving you the advantage in a firefight.

LumenHound, I had already put the light up, to what ends I wasn't sure, till your superb suggestion.

Edc3, my father had an angle light like this that I'd hold for him while he worked on the car, back in the day when mere mortals could still do this kind of work, so it evokes additional sentiments for me.

Children really are the biggest pain in the *** that you'll ever love so very much. Such a peculiar affliction …