the best light source video i have ever ever seen its a much watch

Wurkkos

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i was so happy to share this video i trully thought ya all would love it! i guess im to uch of a light geek lol

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
i was so happy to share this video i trully thought ya all would love it! i guess im to uch of a light geek lol
I agree with this guy's presentation 100%. Sodium streetlights just look weird and are pretty bad for nighttime safety. A whiter light is far more beneficial and better suited to our nighttime vision.

A long time ago I knew a guy who was on the G-E team that developed their high pressure sodium lamps under the Lucalox brand. They were better than low pressure lamps with a tiny bit more energy in the green-blue spectrum, enabled by the presence of mercury. Still not as good as modern white LEDs though.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Sorry Raggie, without a particular reason to watch this video, other than you liked it, 38 seconds into it I checked to see how long it lasted. 28 minutes!... too long for me.

Sorry, I bailed. So I can't comment.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i guess its true diff storkes for diff folks i truly thought it was so interteresting. but i also loved mr wizard and 321 contact

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I watched the entire video but not at the same time. It was good if a bit long winded. One courtesy CPF members can extend is to give a synopsis with the link, such as; Sodium light does not work so well with night time vision on roads, cooler LED does. Of course that does not do the video justice, but...

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
The person who did this informative video also talked about highway reflective tape/signage and how it works. That was fascinating and thanks to the CPF member who provided that link some time ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts