The Craig Thread - Status, Updates & Prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thursday 7pm

Craig got move to a nursing home late this afternoon.

I spoke to him on the phone!!!

He's doing OK but has a ways to go.

I told him about the CRAIG FUND.. I think he understood, and he was pleased.

No internet access at the nursing home; nor are laptops permitted

Albany Tom

Enlightened
re internet - that sucks. I think you can have laptops and internet access in prison! (What a screwy country we live in)

Any address where we could send cards? Or will he be there too short of a time for that?

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Everything that ain't bolted down gets stolen in most nursing homes, except high $$ elite ones. That's probably why the laptop rule is instituted. Same in prisons. I doubt seriously any state, even CA, allows internet access in prisons, (possibly a few tightly controlled exceptions for legal research). Laptops would prompt fights between inmates and probably between some nursing home residents too.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Excuse my highly nieve question, but...

"Everything that ain't bolted down gets stolen in most nursing homes, except high $$ elite ones."

Why? Or rather...who? Cleptomaniac retired folk?!?

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Kleptomaniac retired folk "borrow stuff" all the time and it goes home with their visiting relatives. Also, some of the miserably paid, overworkes staff tend to look at small, high value items as a "fringe" that'll never be missed by their owners, especially mentally incapacitated patients who don't have constant visits. Not all of the staff, of course, but enough of them. This may or may not apply particularly to Craig, but that's why the rule. Also can you imagine the phone bill when some resident falls prey to the 809 con or similar?

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Spend a little time at a nursing home and you'll soon understand why they are particularly unsuited for small high value items. Just like prisons.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Just a note to let Craig know I'm hoping to see him back in here soon.
smile.gif

Stefan

Enlightened
Sometimes, if you've ever eatten hospital food you wish you were in prison. Prisoners here complain because they are having too many red meat servings a week. Go figure.

Side note, get well soon Craig.

beader

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone: Craig is moved to:
First Hill Care Center
1334 Terry Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-624-1484

This is a nursing home which provides about one hour a day re-hab services. I talked to his nurse today and she says Craig is still very confused. Like one post said, his brain in busy fixing other things and the memory will probably be last to wake up. He can read if he holds the material towards his lap as he can't open his eyelids fully, so he could work on his computer ok if he held his head back, but perhaps that will get better also. He will end up with some vision problems in that he will need a lens for one eye that darkens whenever he is in bright light. He is walking with a lot of assistance. Thank you Jeff for keeping everyone posted. You do it better than I do. Ella

Saaby

Flashaholic
That's great to hear Ella.

Now, everyone, since this HAS extended to a lengthy 11 pages how would you feel if we started a Craig Thread 2 and closed this one. We could start it with this info about where he is now, making it extremely easy to find.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Saaby:
That's great to hear Ella.

Now, everyone, since this HAS extended to a lengthy 11 pages how would you feel if we started a Craig Thread 2 and closed this one. We could start it with this info about where he is now, making it extremely easy to find.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ryan... Make is so!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.