The Craig Thread - Status, Updates & Prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saturday pm

Craig wwas said to be more alert today then all previous days. He even was able to get up and walk to the mr toilet? by hinmself, but needed assistance returning.

An examination of his eyes revealed a rare condtion (unrelated to the surgery) that will require extended care but is treateable.

more tommorrow

Pyractodoc

Newly Enlightened
What now, Wilson's disease/hemachromatosis? Your comment was cryptic, Ted, but it seems as if medical confidentiality has gone out the window with our "extended family" interest.

Hasn't the man had enough already?

Thoughts and prayers with you, Craig.

steinie

Newly Enlightened
Aye!
smile.gif

WakaWakaBBS

Newly Enlightened
Attention: ELLA Needs Phillips Phone Number.

She told me today that the number she has is no good. She needs to make arrangements to move the
pets out of Craig's APT. for safekeeping and feeding.

If your reading this Phillip, please Phone Ella
at Craig's Hospital Room. A.S.A.P.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Mr. Toilet Pig (Ted Bear), your updates are very much apreciated.

Craig, get better dude!

Light-Headed

Enlightened
I really miss Craigs humor in here and it just doesn't seem the same. I was a "lurker" for quite a while before joining and his posts usually made me laugh. I hope Craig sets the world's record for a speedy recovery.

Toilet Pig? LOL. That really cracks me up. Reminds me of Urine Potato.
grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Light-Headed:
I really miss Craigs humor in here and it just doesn't seem the same. I hope Craig sets the world's record for a speedy recovery.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same here, and I keep hoping for that...

Meanwhile, Ella, hang in there, your son is going to come trough this. My thoughts are still with the both of you.

Take care,

Hemingray

Enlightened
Still looking for an the address to send flowers, get well cards, plus toliets, etc to.
yellowlaugh.gif

Is this correct:
confused.gif

Harborview Medical Center
325 9th Avenue
Seattle WA 98104-2499

Attn Craig Johnson, Room 368

????

/ed brown in NH
cool.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tuesday 5;30am
Hemingray
The address is correct, but leave off the room number... Craig may be moved today.

Status Upddate
Craig is said to be making progress each day. Yesterday, Monday, after Ella spent the day cleaning the apartment, she visited the hoopital at 8pm. Craig was asleep, and when she woke him up, Craig immediatedly recognized her, knew he was in a hospital in Wash, and had brain surgery.

Realized, there have been days, when Craig is in a "fog", so yesterday was a very good day.

We now know that Craig has a "blown pupil" in one eye. This was caused by excessive swelling of brain from the operation. In plain english, Craig will need to wear "extra dark" sunglasses in the daylight.. but lets be positive... he can see and he is not blind. (The nurse told me that this is common side effect from the surgery). The other eye, specifically the underside of the eyelid, has some kind of problem, and would eventually cause blindness (they say) and require plastic surgery to fix.

Not the best news, BUT we should be happy that Craig is still with us..

Better news is that Ella was able to "clean up" Craigs apartment. She told me that she was amazed at just how hard the guys worked. Several pickup truckolads to the "dump", empty boxes, news papers, and "dry garbage". Ella told me that, she could have spent a week doing the floors and the bathroom... they guy got the place spotless in 6 hours. Criags apartment will be re-inspected in two weeks, and should have no problems passing inspection. IT'S BECUASE OF ALL THE DONATIONS THAT THIS WAS POSSIBLE, THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAVE HELPED WITH THE CRAIG FUND

It is now OK for Craig to have visitors... anyone in Seattle? Phone calls still very iffy... it's a matter of calling at the exact moment when Craig is with the program (for the time being, he is not a majority of the time)... Mr Toilet Pig? Nah...

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Heres hoping that he WILL be at Shotshow 2003! Yes, I understand that this has been a major event in Craig's life, however, we can all hope he surpasses the Dr's expectations in his recovery. Gotta think positive, gotta think positive ...

Best to Craig & Ella, and a special thanks to CPFr's for all for their assistance in Craig's time of need. Judging by the outpouring of responses on CPF, it could easily be relabeled Compassion Power Forums.

LH

the laser guy

Newly Enlightened
First off I will put my "AYE!" in.
As I have sat here and wondered, as everyone has, about craig and how he must be suffering through this.. My thoughts are with him as well. I havent even posted till now just lurking about.
I live in Coeurdalene Id, which is a 5 hr drive to seattle. Craig, when you are ready, I have my kids ready to go, and friends that I can stay with for up to 2 weeks. If there is anything that you should require please let me know. I may not have alot of money , like you, but I do have two hands and a brain that works and I am mobile. So if there is a need for it count me in!
As for your prayers........ Excuse me I do not wish to offend so I am glad all the good intentions sent your way was benificial.... I had to have been!
I know I WILL see you in the laser forum again and am looking forward to makin your organic CPU gets to do some deep cycle time!!
White light and green lasers your way......
Dwight

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thursday 7:00am

I wish I could tell everyone that Craig did this, or that... but there's not much a report on a daily basis. If his recovery were to occur over seven or ten days, then we would see changes on a daily basis. Unfortunately, his recovery will take months.

THE CRAIG FUND HAS DONE A GOOD THING! Some of the donations were used to clean-up his apartment. Just yesterday, some of the donataions were used to stop his eviction.

There was supposed to be a decision yesterday as to whether Craig would be moved to a nursing home for anoter few weeks for recovery. There is the possiblity that he could remain in the hospital and be admitted to a special rehab program, but unlikely as he hasn't recovered enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts