The definitive Malkoff Hound Dog Super thread

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use unprotected GA with an Oveready 5mm spacer at the tail. Will be replacing all GA with Moli M35A once they become available to US resellers. Guaranteed fresh production dates and lower IR than the GA.

doctordun

Enlightened
I use unprotected GA with an Oveready 5mm spacer at the tail. Will be replacing all GA with Moli M35A once they become available to US resellers. Guaranteed fresh production dates and lower IR than the GA.
The Molicels look very interesting. Will be on the lookout myself.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Just managed to grab an HD Super in 4K, if it's anything like my HD 4K it will be stellar. I've always wanted to see what an HD Super was like, can't wait to find out. Damn I shouldn't have..... oh well :)

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! Going to be tough to top the HD considering that the XPL-HI generally exhibits a pleasing beam profile with only minor tint shift versus the rings and noticeable shift of the XP-L series.

doctordun

Enlightened
I am trying to understand why someone would get a HD Super and be disappointed on how well it looked on a white wall. I got mine for throw and brightness.
I have other lights that do white wall quite well.
I got the HD Super for fun. It's not a very good inside light.
I believe Malkoff lights are purpose built for the most part.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
😁 ya if your light has a Lux of 75,000+ checking out what it looks like at 10 feet on a white wall is kinda pointless. And probably painful to the eyes.

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Anyone know when the Hound dog super will be available again?

Update. Ordered one.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Hound Dog Super is the one with the 3x18650 body and the bike grip installed.

I will post pics once I get the 2x21mm body. According to my math, 2x21mm=3 x 18650. And more compact essentially.
Super with 3x18650 is a long, long trailer (movie reference)

QymPkX6.jpg

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
We can't let this Hound Dog Super thread slip into the second page...The goal post is at 360 feet and the white scoreboard is at 480 feet. I will add some comparison shots too... Hound Dog Super is 4000K.

Edited to add, the distance is exactly the same on all lights, however my camera (phone) angles are different that is why you see different distances to the white lines. (Camera tilt)
That E2XT is no slouch either.

CHNeal

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Now see that’s just not fair! I had absolute no desire to own a hound dog super and even less need for one…crap!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Oh it’s not a bad light to have around. And the low has so much balls it’s really all you need half the time.