The Descent Part 2

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
Who has seen the "The Descent" movies? I am puzzled by the actions of one of the characters in the final scene of the second movie. If you recall the sole survivor of the search party was a deputy sheriff who crawled out of the cave through a small hole and then started running through the forest. She stopped and leaned against a tree to try to use her phone. Then the man who had worked in the mine that connected to the cave came up from the side and smacked her in the head with a shovel knocking her unconsious. He dragged her back to the hole where the cave dwelling creatures would find her when they came to the surface to hunt. It was obvious that he knew of their existence because of his actions. When he let the search party go down a mine elevator earlier in the movie he knew full well what they were going to face in the cave but he gave no warning whatsoever. All he did was to tell a story of how his grandfather went into the cave and was never seen or heard from again. He was obviously trying to feed the creatures but why? I am puzzled by his motives. Any ideas? Could they possibly be setting us up for another sequel?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because it was a horrible movie/sequel that needed some sort of shock value, and also to set up a bunch of direct-to-video sequels..

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was obviously trying to feed the creatures but why?

Because if they were flashaholics they'd beat the ctreatures off with their combat bezels.

bansuri

Enlightened
There's a wild sci-fi/horror (ish, not sure how it's classified), book by Jeff Long that's a great read.
The movie may have been a little inspired by it but only in the idea of subterranean life evolving differently.
A great read if you enjoy this kind of story.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked both and thought they were good for what they are! I can't quite remember the ending in the sequel, maybe I'll check it out tonight?