The E2e with the KL1 is a very inexpensive way to get a high quality LS product.

KenBar

Enlightened
This was originally posted by V8TOYOTATRK
"The E2e with the KL1 is a very inexpensive way to get
a high quality LS product. "

----------------------------------------------

I am totally new to this company ( SureFire)..other than seeing it from time to time. I tried looking on the webb site but got lost. I am still on a 56K line and it is dirt dog slow.

I want to buy one of these E2e's.

Am I correct in understanding that I need first a BASE and then I need to buy the HEAD?

Where is the best place to get these and how do you order just a "BASE"....or do you have to order a regular flashlight and get the LS Head?

What sort or $ are we talking about?

Thanks!

Ps...I just checked the webb site of my old standby....Texas Tactical Supply... and found this light
Would this work?

What I want.......Waaaaaaaa is a stubby LS.
If I bought this light, would this work? WOuld the E2e head fit on this chap?

Time to talk to the wife...."Ok sweetie
smile.gif
I promise this is the LAST one I want!" LOL
e1eha.jpg

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is any one offering a group buy on the KL head? Maybe there could be a group buy on parts (body~switch) for those that are not interested in a incandesant and wish to save a few bucks.

Does anyone think this is a good idea...maybe if there is enough intrest some one will make an offer to us.

Ken

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone here mentioned (Sean?) that it is definitely possible to order just the E1/E1e or E2/E2e body alone (as a part) and then just order the KL-1 head..to complete the Luxeon flashlight....without buying the unwanted incandescent part, and thereby saving about $30.
(+ a coupla O-rings)

Example: E2 body-$29. + KL1 head-$40.-resulting in a complete functioning L.S. Surefire for about $70-$80.

Was that what you meant, KenB??

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea Doug, but don`t forget the switch assembly...or is that included with the body in your example?

Ken

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if it could be done...70~80 bucks...I think there may be some (a lot?) interest. Complete 100% Surefire.

Another way might be to have a group buy on just the head and switch. Then have a tube made by one of our moders for 2 or 3 AA batts. Not 100% SureFire...but cheap to run and enjoy. Wonder how much it would cost to go that route?

Ken

Ken

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks DSpeck, let me ask you...is it possible to make a short extender/adapter (1/2 inch?) to allow the use of 2 AA with the E2E body? If so, how much do you think that would cost? This way we could go with a 100% Surefire light for $70~80...with just a small add on part for those who wish to run AA`s.

If you/someone could do this (at a reasonable price) I think it would be a good seller.

Ken

Glow Bug

Enlightened
I'm holding my E2e right now and have tried 3 brands of AAs after I unscrewed the tailcap. Wouldn't you know, a AA will not fit in there. So, an adapter to screw on the back of the surefire tube won't work unless there is a way to increase inside diameter where the push button switch attatches:-( You need the entire tube replaced...And I'm not parting with my E3e:)

APW

Newly Enlightened
The problem is KL1 with 2AA is not very efficient. It seems better off with just 1x123 for easier EDC.

KL1 is designed for 6V after all.

KL1-2AA.gif

Andy

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The AA's will have to be front loaded. The extender mentioned above would need to be a 15/16x20 female thread to male thread coupler that went between the bezel and the E2(E) power pak. Required geometry would probably dictate a minimum extension length of 5/8" which I believe is in the ballpark?

- Don

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the adapter were made so the E2E body would accept 3 AA batts (if it can be done) would that improve the bright run time?

Ken

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the 2AA/KL1 body from DSpeck using 2 x A NiMhs at 2700ma will do the trick for a nice runtime I hope. Looking at the above graph and calculating a 50% longer regulated curve (1x123 / 2 x AA Nimhs 1800ma) should be quite nice.

Klaus

McGizmo

Flashaholic
KenB,
3 AA's would of course improve run time and efficiency but at this point, it would be cleaner to just make a new battery tube. Even with a short adapter, you are looking at a part that isn't that much simpler that a new tube. An adapter also adds one more joint that requires sealing for water resistance/ waterproofness. 3xAA is a pretty long flashlight!

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
KenBar,

The E1E you have pictured combined with the KL1 head makes a great, pocketable flashlight, IMHO.

- Don

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some good points Don. I was trying to come up with a way to keep the original body in the mix. It`s also the cost of the complete tub (2 AA) is pretty high ($40, still when I think of the $$$ savings in batt cost, it`s a bargain). I was hoping to find out that adapters could be made/bought at a more affordable price.

Ken

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken,

if you want to keep the body original what about some 2/3A NiMh´s - not too much capacity (1000ma-ish) but you can keep the body and the smaller size. You might need to add a small spacer as the 2/3A are approx 28mm as opposed to the 123´s 32mm.

Just my 2 cents

Klaus

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
He he...well ok...I guess I`m being a little stubborn. It might have something to do with having 80 AA Red Cell batts I got on sale...need to use them up
smile.gif
Useing them right now in my Arcfinty mod...but I realise I`ll be dead before there gone.

Ken

KenBar

Enlightened
Originally posted by McGizmo:
KenBar,

The E1E you have pictured combined with the KL1 head makes a great, pocketable flashlight, IMHO.

- Don
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">-------------------------------------
Thanks Gizmo.
I think that is the way I am going to go.
I got this info. in email moments ago from TTS.

We have the heads on backorder they will be about $39.99 I called sure fire about the e2 body and was told that it is only available for repair or replacement that they don't want to sell them separately. So I won't have the body by itself
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">TTS is rapidly becoming my favorite site to deal with.