9 x 100 lumens at 350mah

P1000387-vi.jpg

P1000389-vi.jpg

P1000390-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Weylan

Enlightened
Re: The "Endor" project

Is there some more specs on this? This looks really intreaging. How are you drving these? Is this 3s3p? or some other configuration?

Beamshots and actual light output?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The "Endor" project

Is there some more specs on this? This looks really intreaging. How are you drving these? Is this 3s3p? or some other configuration?

Beamshots and actual light output?

You are correct it is 3s3p. Originally I was going to do with a dual stage resistored tailswitch running 3x17670 cells. The probelem is 2 watt resistors where not nearly enough. The vf at 750mah (2.25 amps) was just under 11v.

Mac

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are cool Mac! :thumbsup: With nine of the Rebels those should make a really nice bright flood beam alright! Oh, I haven`t even seen a Rebel light up in person yet. :shakehead Well, must be time to logout and do some LED playing, I guess? :D

Ken :wave:

Weylan

Enlightened
A Maxflex or shark with remora, might work really nice then.

It should be able to handle 700ma or 1000ma.

I run a Maxflex at 350, 500 and 700 and even 1000, from 2x 18650.
While this would not give you much over 350 per, I bet this would give you a pretty small package and nice flood.
And it would give you the nice variable light output.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, I have looked and looked through flashlight parts in bags and boxes al over the house :ohgeez: but I can`t find a 2.8 amp Tri-FluPic even though I know I bought some that I didn`t use in anything???? :( I have two in a bag right next to me that are set at 2.1 amps. Will that lower level for burst be alright with you?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found another 3X FluPic. I was trying to read the #s on the LDO`s to compare to the others but found out there was no need cause the 2.1amp versions only have 3 LDO`s and this one has 6 so it`s the 2.8 amp and it is now yours! ;)

*** EDIT***

Mac, could you PM your address to me cause I don`t believe I have your new one?

Last edited:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking mod!

Isn't a FluPic restricted by the uP of 6V max input or am I missing something?

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne, I believe you are correct on the FluPic and the max voltage might even be lower??? Mac builds a lot of lights so who knows what he has in mind for a 3X FluPic? :shrug: Well, Mac????? :poke:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job Mac:twothumbs

So Ken has all the Tri-FluPIC's:sigh:

Tri-FluPics? Who me? :nana: I have found 5 now but should have more???? But I do recall sending CPF members Tri-FluPics so ..... I`ll keep looking because I know Mac would like more than one or two.

Mac, you stated 350ma drive level. Did you need to keep drive level down because of heat issues from the 9 Rebels? Still haven`t powered up one of these tiny Rebels since mine didn`t come on Stars, unfortunately.

Ahhh, I missed something. Maybe a lower drive level is because you are using 3 x 17670 to run NINE LED`s? :D

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking mod!

Isn't a FluPic restricted by the uP of 6V max input or am I missing something?

Wayne

Wayne you are correct. The Flupic was for another build. Before Kevin stopped making boards I ordered 5 of the Tri-Boards along with the other parts to complete 5 lights. When the boards arrived they where not programed correctly and he was leaving for months :( On the other hand I even went and installed Yahoo messenger on my machine to see If I could catch you and see if you would build me a few 2 amp max output sharks :)

Mac