The HDS / Ra Junkie Thread (now with Pics).

HIDblue

Enlightened
Re: The HDS / Ra Junkie Thread.

I'm amazed and impressed how you can tell what type of gun that is from that out-of-focus shot. Mind you, I'd probably be able to do the same if it was a Clicky :D

If you click on Robert M's photo to enlarge it, it links to several other great photos of the Ra Clicky/Glock combo that clearly show it's a Glock 26...

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

If you click on Robert M's photo to enlarge it, it links to several other great photos of the Ra Clicky/Glock combo that clearly show it's a Glock 26...

Thanks for the tip. I particularly enjoyed the "Miss Coastal Edge ECSC Swimsuit Pageant" series.......:D

ThumperACC

Newly Enlightened

Can I be a junkie if I only own one HDS light? :devil:

Seriously, I really love this light. Looks, feel, UI, beam, runtime etc etc etc. Just right for me.

EDC 170 Tactical. :thumbsup:

ThumperACC

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

Can I be a junkie if I only own one HDS light? :devil:

Seriously, I really love this light. Looks, feel, UI, beam, runtime etc etc etc. Just right for me.

EDC 170 Tactical. :thumbsup:

ThumperACC

I became an addict on 4pm on the 23rd of September 2010. That's when my 170Cn arrived after almost 3 weeks of waiting. So, to answer your question: YES !!! It only takes one hit.............and then there's no turning back !!! :thumbsup:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip. I particularly enjoyed the "Miss Coastal Edge ECSC Swimsuit Pageant" series.......:D

What can I say, I aim to please :D

So you went to look for more flashlight pictures but got sidetracked, huh? :p

HIDblue

Enlightened

After months and months of sitting on the fence, going back and forth, reading the same HDS/Ra Clicky threads over and over again...I finally broke down and pulled the trigger on an HDS Systems 170 Custom. :eek: I figured, if I'm going to spend that much coin on a single light, I might as well have it built exactly the way I want.

This is by far the most expensive single-cell form factor light I've ever purchased. :broke: And to top it all off, I ordered a Moddoo stainless steel pocket clip separately from Oveready to round it all out.

Is this the beginning of the end??? Will this ruin me for all other lights??? What have I done??? :shakehead

I ordered the 170 Custom directly from HDS, so now, the wait begins....:whistle::popcorn:

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

After months and months of sitting on the fence, going back and forth, reading the same HDS/Ra Clicky threads over and over again...I finally broke down and pulled the trigger on an HDS Systems 170 Custom. :eek: I figured, if I'm going to spend that much coin on a single light, I might as well have it built exactly the way I want.

This is by far the most expensive single-cell form factor light I've ever purchased. :broke: And to top it all off, I ordered a Moddoo stainless steel pocket clip separately from Oveready to round it all out.

Is this the beginning of the end??? Will this ruin me for all other lights??? What have I done??? :shakehead

I ordered the 170 Custom directly from HDS, so now, the wait begins....:whistle::popcorn:

Yep......it's all down hill from here. Next thing you'll be saying to yourself is that you need the high from the high CRI. That's how I came to be on this slippery slope. :devil:

CodeRed

Newly Enlightened

I recently landed a tactical that has become my EDC. I am very impressed with it to say the least. There was a minor issue that I caused and Henry stood by it w/out question, so looks like I am a junkie now just need one of those orange ceramics to get my next fix.

HIDblue

Enlightened

Yep......it's all down hill from here. Next thing you'll be saying to yourself is that you need the high from the high CRI. That's how I came to be on this slippery slope. :devil:

I know, I know...nothing good can come from this. :candle: Well, CPF marketplace, here I come...time to clear out some inventory to make way for the 170T Custom.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

I recently landed a tactical that has become my EDC. I am very impressed with it to say the least. There was a minor issue that I caused and Henry stood by it w/out question, so looks like I am a junkie now just need one of those orange ceramics to get my next fix.

Good luck snagging one of those :D. There's a few hunting around for 'em. I'm just glad that I know have. Here's a tip from one addict to another: my gut is telling me that Oveready are close to receiving a new shipment of the Fanta and the Jungle Green. Why do I believe this to be so ? 'Coz they've just done a run of Jungle Green SF hosts. The Clickies take more time 'coz after they are coated, they have to be built and calibrated. That takes time. Keep that info just between us, OK ? :sssh:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats! :twothumbs

My HDS EDC has actually saved me money. Since getting mine, I haven't bought any new LED lights...at all! :eek:

HIDblue

Enlightened

Congrats! :twothumbs

My HDS EDC has actually saved me money. Since getting mine, I haven't bought any new LED lights...at all! :eek:

That's kind of what I'm hoping for. :duh2: ...until Henry comes out with a AA/14500 form factor HDS/Ra Clicky :whistle:...

Matt7337

Enlightened

Just do it! :devil: You won't regret it.

-Robert

I just had to add my thoughts on this - that is an absolutely gorgeous photo! Do you mind me asking what you shoot (photos) with? I'm a bit of a photography enthusiast myself :) Also, what clip is that you have on the flashlight?

My Ra / HDS journey so far has been like this:

1) Coming to CPF for the first time and seeing the terms "HDS" "Ra" "Twisty" and "Clicky" being thrown around a lot, and being totally confused by what they meant.

2) Reading up and realizing what they were.

3) Seeing an RA 85-Tr for sale in the MP for a decent price and buying it as a first single CR123 EDC.

4) Falling in love with the thing the SECOND I got it in my hands.

5) Buying a Ti Clicky as soon as they were announced/released last year, knowing good and well it would be worth every penny.

6) See point #4 :thumbsup:

What's next? I don't know. I could be easily tempted into another Twisty (V3?) or a clicky in basically the same setup as RobertM has above... bezel down pocket clip with SS bezel and executive operation. Obviously I won't be able to photograph mine beside a Glock handgun (which I also ID'd by the way ;))... stupid UK gun laws :sigh: I'll be waiting a while for that though, as my next HDS Systems purchase is just below my next Nitecore purchase which is just below my first Surefire purchase on my "to buy and try" list :sssh:

Can you tell I'm a flashaholic yet? :eek:

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

Have you got a link for the clip that you bought?

It looks like it's the stock standard Novatac clip. Try Lighthound. I hear the Moddoo clip is better (stronger and SS) but more expensive. The NT clip will fit (obviously) but it's a bit loose and you have to centre it as you tighten the tailcap. If you go with the Moddoo clip from Oveready, I suggest that you order the O ring as well for an extra $1. It will allow you to install the clip in a bezel up configuration which is good if you want to clip it on the bill of your cap/visor to use as an impromptu headlamp.

Last edited:

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

I just had to add my thoughts on this - that is an absolutely gorgeous photo! Do you mind me asking what you shoot (photos) with? I'm a bit of a photography enthusiast myself :) Also, what clip is that you have on the flashlight?

My Ra / HDS journey so far has been like this:

1) Coming to CPF for the first time and seeing the terms "HDS" "Ra" "Twisty" and "Clicky" being thrown around a lot, and being totally confused by what they meant.

2) Reading up and realizing what they were.

3) Seeing an RA 85-Tr for sale in the MP for a decent price and buying it as a first single CR123 EDC.

4) Falling in love with the thing the SECOND I got it in my hands.

5) Buying a Ti Clicky as soon as they were announced/released last year, knowing good and well it would be worth every penny.

6) See point #4 :thumbsup:

What's next? I don't know. I could be easily tempted into another Twisty (V3?) or a clicky in basically the same setup as RobertM has above... bezel down pocket clip with SS bezel and executive operation. Obviously I won't be able to photograph mine beside a Glock handgun (which I also ID'd by the way ;))... stupid UK gun laws :sigh: I'll be waiting a while for that though, as my next HDS Systems purchase is just below my next Nitecore purchase which is just below my first Surefire purchase on my "to buy and try" list :sssh:

Can you tell I'm a flashaholic yet? :eek:

Sound like you were instantly hooked.....So was I :eek:

HIDblue

Enlightened

Have you got a link for the clip that you bought?

If you're referring to the one I ordered with my 170T Custom, I bought a Moddoo stainless steel pocket clip separately from Oveready. You'll find it under their HDS/Ra section as an accessory. Hope this helps.