• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The HDSRB Project - PREORDER LIVE

OZY THANK YOU SO MUCH!

WHY DIDN'T I BUY TWO?

This thing is absolutely amazing, it's still wicked pocket-able. Thrilled to be apart of this, how about a run of OP reflectors next time? :D

:twothumbs

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great beamshots tyu ​:thumbsup: Tried and tried to get mine to load, never had any luck.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

Almost all of the extras have been shipped or are waiting for payment from the sign up sale winners. There are still 2-3 preorders in transit. I've moved to UPS for the latest wave of shipments. I have 2-3 held back waiting until everything is delivered so if you entered the sign up sale theres still a chance (or if a winner that didn't yet pay yet cancels).

I'm pleased everyone like them! I know it's been a terribly long wait, don't forget to redeem those free swag coupons :D

There were a lot of comments about size, i might as well share some of my thought process. I wanted this to have the HDS aesthetic, which is basically smooth on the bevels and knurled on the straights, with a stainless crenelated bezel. The angle of the head follows the angle on the battery tube (gotta be consistant) and the overall concept was intended to be pocketable, in a generous pocket at least.

Would be silly to have a huge thrower with 300 lumens. The HDSRB is more of a compact turbo HDS, and the larger reflector ensures you're wasting as little as possible of the output. An important factor in a 300 lumen light

Coy

Newly Enlightened
Got mine a couple days ago. Excellent work!! The increase throw is huge for how small is!! I'd buy another immediately if I could. Perfect machining as well, very well built.

djj

Newly Enlightened
Wow this is such a nice aftermarket upgrade! Beautiful fit and finish, totally HDS aesthetics, and perfectly proportioned for the 18650 tube. Beam looks kinda similar to the Makai.

Thanks Ozy!

http://imgur.com/a/ha6A9Kd

Last edited:

hect

Newly Enlightened
Wow, amazing craftsmanship on this thing. I Am more than impressed, and could not be any happier. Thank you so much, Ozythemandias!:)

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the vast majority are delivered. I'm very pleased that everyone seems to like them. When the idea came to me, I knew I had to have one, seems I'm not the only person that felt that way. There are 1-2 I still have that are allocated to people and waiting for payments, but let's talk about another run!

The machinist is willing to have another go at it. There was a lot of time and effort and costs put into developing and figuring these out so it makes sense for him to leverage all that by producing more. Due to the delays of the original run, I really want to avoid a full preorder and be beholden to everyone until delivery, but I do need to figure out how many to manufacture.

Instead of a full preorder, I think I'm going to take a 25% deposit, just to get a sense of committed buyers. I won't take the payment balance until the machining is complete and I'm ready to order the reflectors. This way, any machining delays will be mitigated as you won't be paying in full until after the head is machined and ready for a reflector.

Thoughts, questions or concerns?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thoughts:

Yes.

Questions:

When can you take my money?

Concerns:

Not getting another one.

Post Script: OP reflectors possible maybe? I will follow this up with I have full recognition of how big of a stretch this is, so feel free to summarily execute this idea if it makes you secretly die inside.

Stoneking

Enlightened

I would happily get another one because they're amazing! I agree with OP Reflector, if possible.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I ask what the prospective cost would be for a second run? Still around $300? Because I am definitely interested in one of these.

The cost will likely be the same. The first run was discounted a little for the preorder, the second preorder will be priced similarly.

Regarding OP, that's up to the reflector manufacturer so we'll see what they say. If that fails and you're feeling adventurous, you can always try this

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm loving the throw on this thing.

Question, anyone have an HDS modded with an Osram?
I would love to see how it performs with this head.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can always try this

That gives me anxiety thinking about doing to this beautiful HDSRB.... but very interesting I am definitely going to give that a shot on some other reflectors I have thanks!

But sounds good either way. I'm in either way!

I'm loving the throw on this thing.

Question, anyone have an HDS modded with an Osram?
I would love to see how it performs with this head.

The throw is really impressive. I actually meant to say, the HDSRB with the 4000K XP-L easily passes my "warehouse test" which is one of the tougher "courses" I put my lights through. Very impressive for it's size and output, very few lights pass this test with ~300lm and an overall size this small minus those with the hot-rod Osrams...

Which yes, I do believe a few people have had Osram W1/ W2s dropped into theirs. I think someone on either here or BLF did one where they also swapped the board for copper for higher outputs (HDS of Theseus?)- but I do also believe that there was someone somewhere in the HDS Forum that reflowed one into their Rotary.

K-T

*Moderator*
I missed the primary sale, I failed on the lottery....so I am in for sure for one!!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least one HDSRB reached Germany! After a longer stay @customs die to Corona I picked the parcel up today. I mounted it on a NB40 HDS. The much more focused beam is quite impressive. Great product... :twothumbs

Pictures will come later. It is almost evening here.

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

HDSRB Run #2 Preorder is Live!

THIS WILL BE RUN SIMILARLY TO THE FIRST RUN. YOU ARE RESERVING YOUR HDSRB BY PURCHASING A GIFT CARD FOR ~25% OF THE TOTAL PREORDER PRICE ($250+SH).

Once machining is complete I will invoice everyone for the balance +SH. You'll enter your gift card code to apply the credit and pay the balance and the reflectors will be put into production. Doing it like this mitigates the chances of me holding on to everyone's funds in the event of machining delays

.Lead time: Due to my experience with the previous run I'm super hesitant to provide a lead time, which is why I'm only asking for a 25% deposit. I do have to establish expectations, so I'm estimating everything should be completed by the end of August. I'm hoping for sooner, but it's also about half the time the first run took. Consider it an estimation, not a commitment. Once all the machining is complete you'll be notified and we'll put the reflectors into production.

https://swag.photonphreaks.com/collections/flashlight-of-the-month/products/gift-card?variant=32040845639776