• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The HDSRB Project - PREORDER LIVE

Looking forward to these shipping out. Managed to miss the email for the balance payment initially, had to dig for it.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright so good news, reflectors are almost done, just one last batch to be coated and then they're off to the machinist for assembly! I expect the machinist to receive them next week, and then the completed heads should be en-route to me a week after that or so.

We're looking good for an August ship date to you guys, it's exciting to be on schedule :)

For those of you that missed the preorder, there will be some available as a post production sale after all the preorders are delivered. If the demand is as high as the first run was I'll probably end up doing a lotto again, to give everyone a fair chance at scoring one.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reflectors are in, everything is done! Well almost, just some final buffing for the stainless bezels and then they'll be en-route to me.

Meanwhile here's a great review by @zeroair with measurements:

There will be more available after the preorders are all delivered so hit me up to be added to the list or just stay tuned for the announcement.

wweiss

Enlightened
Reflectors are in, everything is done! Well almost, just some final buffing for the stainless bezels and then they'll be en-route to me.

Meanwhile here's a great review by @zeroair with measurements:

There will be more available after the preorders are all delivered so hit me up to be added to the list or just stay tuned for the announcement.
Please add me to the list? Thank you.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update? Just excited..
Sorry, I missed this. I guess the new site doesn't push thread updates to my phone.

Everything should be completed as of last week. Just waiting for confirmation from the machinist and they should be en-route to me very shortly. I'll post an update here when I have them in hand and have begun shipping to the customer

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah but not a good one :(

After having the first wave of HDSRB preorders overnighted to me so I can begin shipping this week, I was excited to make an announcement to inform everyone that shipping has begun. Unfortunately, while performing the final fit check I discovered that the threading is out of spec by .009 and the aluminum reflectors housing are unusable as they don't thread onto the light properly. See photo below

Regretfully, I need to make this announcement to inform everyone that the HDSRB will be delayed for approximately 3-5 weeks. The aluminum housings are unable to be salvaged and will need to be scrapped. As soon as the issue was discovered the machinist set up the CNC to for new reflector housings to be completed this week and sent in for anodizing. Anodizing turn-around time is generally a week, but I'm waiting for confirmation from the anodizing house regarding their current workload. We are double checking all tolerances and confirming the anodization thickness spec to prevent this from ever happening again, as well as creating go/no-go gauges to verify fit as the parts come off the line.

This is disheartening for me and I'm sure it's equally frustrating for all of you waiting for your preorders, I sincerely offer my apologies and appreciate everyone's understanding, I'm confident you'll all be very pleased with the final product. If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to reach out.

20211026_123301.jpg

klackey

Enlightened
Just want to said as others have thankyou for a sincere update of issues. I have found if people are informed they are reasonably understanding.

Thanks.... looking forward to the new addition whenever it arrives.