The Incandescent Tribute Challenge

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
man, Thanks to this thread Ive blown all kinds of money.

This thread really got me into incans. I was just starting to read and learn more about them as I had purchased an M2 head and picked up a P90 to run with my IMRs. I then started looking more and more and went all out picking up a new KT2 turbo-head on the cheap ($81 shipped :party: ) that I plan on running on a bored C2 and ordered a Lumens Factory IMR M3T to be powered by 2X IMR 18350's. Now the wait... :popcorn:

Thanks guys :broke:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Let's see . . .

Hybrid LED/Inca. Challenge.

Pocket-clip carried light Challenge.

Headlamp Challenge.

No Pocket clip Challenge.

Full-sized flashlight Challenge.

Rechargeable only Challenge.

Get a woman's phone number after "flashing" her Challenge.

So many possibilities.

scout24

Flashaholic
Perhaps The Orange One will have us go "Green"??? :eek: :)

P1010731.jpg

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be "The MarketPlace Challenge":

Participants have to spend at least one hour a day, every day, for a week, surfing the marketplace forum. Anyone who buys something during that week is disqualified.

I think we'd all fail that one!! :crackup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
HID Challenge???

"Any one have a Hellfighter I can borrow for a few days??? I'll give it back...I Promise!"

LOL !

My cargo-pants don't have pockets large enough for my Sam's Club HID.

Anyone know of a good aftermarket holster? :huh:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Imagine walking up to some one you pulled over, bust out your Stanley HID or Beast, power it up..."Have You been drinking?". At least they won't be able to ID you to press charges...not unless they get an eye transplant...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
LOL! Imagine walking up to some one you pulled over, bust out your Stanley HID or Beast, power it up..."Have You been drinking?". At least they won't be able to ID you to press charges...not unless they get an eye transplant...

Some folks already drive as if they were blind. Being half-blind would be an improvement. :p

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have finished the incan challenge
All week i used my M6, strion and occasionally my M4 and M3
I didnt really learn anything i didnt know, incans work better outside, throw better, and chew through batteries a lot quicker
Im not a huge fan of the strion, although it is easy to edc and is easy to charge between uses.
The M6 is big, but very bright and really reaches out, probably a bjt much for a normal carry light, but overkill never fails :)
Im going to go and play with my shiny new Aeon now, but will still carry a incan regularly

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, some people already think I'm weird for pulling out a flashlight brighter than ambiant light, now they'd think I'm nuts for whipping out a head lamp to check my tire pressure... can't even imagine what they'd think if I whipped out my huge HID with the cigarette lighter plug in the back just to find a screw on the floor... Actually I can't even imagine what my co-workers would say when seeing me come in the office with that thing under my arm...

I still could do with a headlamp challenge though; it would give me the bump in the rear I've been needing to put that headlamp in my toolcase. Plus I would definitely feel more pressure to order that Zebra... I might even start tonight!

A green challenge sounds nice (solar power challenge is too specific)... a lot of people would now have a backup in case of natural disaster.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just realized that a lot of people end up buying stuff for or because of these challenges... If Carrot ever comes up with a "Use only a 600$+ flashlight" I'll definitely start suspecting something.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just realized that a lot of people end up buying stuff for or because of these challenges... If Carrot ever comes up with a "Use only a 600$+ flashlight" I'll definitely start suspecting something.

Carrot's next challenge: use only the new Carrot Brand (tm) flashlight. Now available for the low price of $600 with your CPF discount! :devil:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta check in and bump this thread. Yesterday 7 (yes, that's seven) Lumens Factory bulbs arrived. I've already stupidly made 2 of them go :poof:. Remaining are an E09, an HO-E1R, an HO-A2, and 2 EO-E2Rs. I had an EO-E1R that I poofed - and an HO-9 poofed on 3 AW LiFePO4s....I'll run the surviving EO-9 on 2 AWRCR123s.

They are all nice bulbs - somewhat (read in my sphere) but not so much (as seen by my eyes) brighter than their OEM counterparts - they do give me the opportunity to run RCRs in my E2E, E1E and C2.

All of the LF drop ins are upstaged by FiveMega's monster that arrived yesterday, the "E2 Fire" - with a 1499 bulb. Holy :eek: - I read 340 OTF lumen with 2 AW 18350 IMRs!! Out of a little E series sized body? OMG. Makes me want to try the 1000 lumen bulb...

So incandescent is alive and well in my house - onion rings on the way for my 3 A2s to improve their nasty LEDs....an impressive little Zebralight High CRI SC51 arrived yesterday and it has a beautiful tint, but I am still enamored with the nice, warm beam of these incands.

:thumbsup: