The Incandescent Tribute Challenge

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I cant post pictures but my Incan week will be starting today at noon. Edcs are going from a2-wh, zebra sc52d, and micro stream to my e1e-bk and strion as well as a pelican mitylite 2300. For around the house use a stinger, a couple old mini mags, and 2 4 and 6 d cell mags. I have also put LF sr9 bulbs in my surefire c2 and solarforce l2 hosts running on 16340s in case I want to carry them along. Have to go get a belt holster for the strion but that will be taken care of today. And for fun or if I need them the rest of my Incan surefires like a couple 6p's, a c3, and an m3t or my SL scorpion. As much as I love them I wont use my a2's this week. Really looking forward to this.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Dedication!

Microstream to Strion. Geez I wish I had thought of that. I used a solitaire. lol.

My daily was already a Pelican 2320 M6 so that was no change. And going from a PK PR-1 single cell to a Dog Supply House 7D was a trip.

Hope you enjoy the week.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I forgot about the solitaire. I should go dig that out and use it instead of my zebras moonlight at night. Lord only knows its dim enough. I have a feeling belt carrying the strion will get annoying so most likely ill end up with the c2 or l2 where I carry the a2 normally. Currently on person are the e1e, the mitylite 2300 and the strion. This should give me decent enough versatility for daily tasks. I think the e1e is going to be my favorite and most used this week. Hasent really gotten the use it deserves since I bought it.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
We do not realize how good we have it until stuck with only a Solitaire.

What is amazing to me, is when I think about how I carried a Solitaire pretty much exlusively for nearly 20 years! As spoiled as I have become the last few years with my MANY high powered LED lights, it's now hard for me to imagine having only an incan Solitaire for any length of time! I used the hell out of that little sucker too...and took a lot of ribbing from guys I worked with, all making fun of my little light, yet these same guys were always borrowing it from me, LOL!

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
It was the only light I edc'd 4 years ago before I got the micro stream. I used it frequently but had two occasions where I ended up massively out classed by lights my friends had. Granted both of those occasions my friends knew we'd end up somewhere dark and I didn't so at least I had a light on me where they grabbed theirs only because they knew we'd be out in the dark. Thats how I found this place. I was sick of inadequate lighting. So I can actually thank the solitaire for that (thought my wallet can't). Now my normal edc's can :whoopin: those blister pack 3 aaa lights they had.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Day 3. So far so good. Been using the pelican the most but have needed more power from the bigger lights on occasion. Have used the e1e, strion, 6p, and pelican. Just added a new Incan to the stable today. The m@g ml25it. Charging up cells for it now. Stumbled across it at target.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The first couple of days are something to adjust to, that is for sure. Sounds like you adapted well.

My first impression of the 2cell ML25 it was "this is a giant Solitaire". The little 30 lumens seemed kinda weak after playing with its LED counterpart.
It throws surprisingly well in darkness.

Check out the C cell twisty thread in this section for ideas to coax more lumens from it.

Have fun in days 4-7.... and beyond.

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I have seen that thread which is why I bought it when I saw it. My first impressions are a little less bleak. I like it. More like a bigger mini than a giant solitaire. I also have its led counterpart as well as mini mags and the led pro and pro+ counterparts. Really when you play with any incan mag after coming from a much brighter led you get that feeling. But taken on its own its really not bad at all. What I like most about it is that its pretty much on its tightest beam right at turn on. I dont have to keep turing like I do with the minis or even the led counterpart. I pretty much always use them at the tightest beam.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Just re read that thread. Going to try the 18500s from batteries plus and 4 and 5 cell mag bulbs tomorrow. I have a Nitecore d2 to charge the lifepo4s so I should have a brighter ml25it by tomorrow afternoon.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have seen that thread which is why I bought it when I saw it. My first impressions are a little less bleak. I like it. More like a bigger mini than a giant solitaire. I also have its led counterpart as well as mini mags and the led pro and pro+ counterparts. Really when you play with any incan mag after coming from a much brighter led you get that feeling. But taken on its own its really not bad at all. What I like most about it is that its pretty much on its tightest beam right at turn on. I dont have to keep turing like I do with the minis or even the led counterpart. I pretty much always use them at the tightest beam.

I liked it too. You're right the best beam is just a wee bit past 'on'.

You'll like how light-weight it is with 18mm batteries.
I have an LED with Imedions and one with Eneloops. The Eneloop fed one goes with me way more often. I suppose because it is so much lighter.

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Do you mean you are running eneloops in aa to c conveyers. Because if so I know exactly what you mean because thats how I was feeding my led and also how I'm feeding this one. I don't have any actual nimh c's or d's yet. I will be getting some in the future for the mags but its probly two orders into the future. The next order of stuff will be more chargers, 18650's, and 14500's. The 18500 experiment is still scheduled for today after some yard work. Ill only run it for short periods though to try and minimize the reflector issues.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yup C size adapters. And regular eneloops. Should get an hour of continuous use I suppose. I ran my LED one 20+/- minutes a few times and it still lights. (But I keep a charged pair nearby).

I got imedions for the extended run time for one ML25 LED that'll only be used for lights out scenarios. At $15ea I only bought 1 pair.

I run the 'boosted' IT lights about 15-30 minute cycles. Hopefully somebody will do metal reflectors for them. But I'm not holding my breath. lol

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
"Boosted IT" is a go. Wrapped the cells in some printer paper and now they fit great. Using the 4 cell bulb it's got quite a bit more oomph. Will report impressions when it's dark. Incan week is a lovely week.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Great! Incan week is fun.

Car headlight bright? Certainly not. But still a fun mod that allows the light to go back to stock easily.

If your 4D is a PR bulb type and you have some, try a 3C bulb in that one. Burns noticeably whiter without poofing the bulb.

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Only my 6d is pr. I've never tried but I known the bi pins come with that plastic adapter thing which is what looks like is in the lights? Can that be pulled out?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yep it can. But the ring that holds in the PR bulb has a larger opening than the one for the bi-pin so that the PR bulb can fit through the ring.

You can drill one out and go to home depot to get a... say 2 or 3 cell bi-pin kit that comes with a new fastener ring along with the bulb and bi-pin bulb holder.

Wish I had a better picture, but at the bottom of the pic is shows the fastener ring.

I had to drill one to get a TerraLux LED into a bi-pin 2D model, but now a PR bulb fits too.

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Ok cool. I have one of those retainer rings that came with the 4 cell bi pin I'm currently using in the boosted it. So I just have to drill that. They seem to come with pretty much all the bi pins so I will drill one out at some point. I've wanted to get my feet wet with mag modding for a while now but have just been very busy. Getting close to that time it appears. I've always wanted a proper Incan sleeper mag that looks so innocent to the ordinary person until you turn it on :devil:. Ideas?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Roar of the Pelican!!!

That was a classic mod of the full size 2C using a 12 volt bulb from a Pelican "Big D" rechargeable flashlight. Bulbs are pretty scarce though. Plus a full on bunch of parts have to be swapped out for the ultimate experience...

Pm sent.

Last edited: