The Incandescent Tribute Challenge

Wurkkos

scout24

Staff member
Okay, here's my go-to setup for work and out-of-the-house for the rest of the week... E2e body, head that got here today from Milky :)twothumbs) and a Z68 tailcap w/ Ti McGizmo clip running two IMR 16340's and a LF HO-E2R for 110lm. Fits nice in my pocket at 4 1/2" long and is nice and light. Still looking for an around-the-house midnight run and get ready for work light to not wake the Wife with light. I NEED my Titan low level! Spoiled, I know, but I have a plan... Solscud007 will have his E series head back tomorrow if he wants to meet up for breakfast. Thank you for the loaner, Nick! :thumbsup: I should have brought it home for side by side comparisons, but it's locked up safely at work.

G2 with P60 was nice to play with last night and first thing this morning in my back yard. Such a beautiful beam! Too big to carry day to day for me, but I may have to pick up a metal bezel assy. to be able to run some higher powered P60 style dropins. Running primaries kills me, I'd rather use the RCR's. Great around the house light, much more side spill than the E series... Anyone recommend a 1xRCR and 2xRCR for the G2 with metal bezel??? 17670's fit beautifully...

PS- 3" flipper is sweet, Nick... I'll bring it tomorrow.

P1010698.jpg

scout24

Staff member
Good deal on the Kroma tailcap! I do believe I have found my super-low Incan solution. One $4.99 Solitare Mag, add one Eneloop AAA, and a circle of Post-it note sticky pad... Voila! a super floody, super smooth LOW level light! Almost Titan low on a fresh cell. Feel free to experiment with color, yellow was too bright for me, the pink gives a nice reddish tint and is great for navigating a few feet in front of you. And to think I could have had 100 of these for my Titan!!! Kidding, I'll never give it up. I'm in RCR Incan heaven now, however. No primaries to burn through, I think I'm officially ready for a week of this!

P1010700.jpg

Ignore the "hotspot", just a reflection... SMOOOTH!!!
P1010701.jpg

rockingthe2

Newly Enlightened
I guess this will be pretty easy for me as my only "good" flashlight is a Surefire G2 Nitrolon with a p61. I do have a MiniMag AA that sits in the back of the truck and an Autozone $3 LED but I never use that anyway... G2 is so much better!
CPF%20Stuff
102_0016.jpg

This forum will be the end of me... I'm looking at M6's right now but there are so many nice Incans out there! I won't even start on some of the LED's I want though...

CPF%20Stuff
CPF%20Stuff
CPF%20Stuff

MWClint

Enlightened
I'm game, i'll be using a Ti Peak Caribbean with an HO E1R and a cut down McR Reflector as my EDC. Caribbeans are such an awesomely sized light.

peakincan.jpg

peakincan2.jpg

peakincan4.jpg

[email protected]

Flashlight Enthusiast
I accept your incandescent challenge carrot! :twothumbs

For the week I'll be restricting myself to the following...

• Cabela's Alaskan Guide EDC (17670)
  • Streamlight Scorpion (17670)
  • Streamlight TT2L (17670)
  • Streamlight Ultrastinger
  • Surefire Commander 9N
  • Surefire A2 Aviator
  • Maglite 3D (stock)
  • Maglite 50w halogen bi-pin modded

I've been using the Ultrastinger a lot lately so this won't be a huge leap for me I'll just have a bit more weight hanging from my duty belt, looking frantically for my NiMH D cells has proven fruitless I should keep better tabs on my gear... now there's a new years resolution! LMAO :crackup:

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in on this baby!

I'll go with the E2e w/HO-E2R, M4 w/HO-M3T and M3 w/HO-M3.

Wait a second... that's what I normally carry anyway :D
:thumbsup:

P5203994.jpg

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was playing with my P60 host at work yesterday and focused/projected the incan filament on the wall. I have done this before with LEDs but it never occurred to me to try it with an incan.

Here is the result.
dsc0703xh.jpg

325addict

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I've been away for some time, but the first thing I did when returning was checking the incan section.

I'm IN!

Normally, I've a single AAA LD-01 in my pockets, which will be replaced by a Mag Solitaire with a fresh NiMH battery.

Other lights have been and WILL be incans for me.

That includes, but is not limited to:

Wolf Eyes Eagle-3
Wolf Eyes M90 Rattlesnake (either 2X or 3X 18650 or 3X18500)
Wolf Eyes M-300 (what a BEAST!)
Surefire E1E
Surefire C2 Centurion
Surefire C3 Centurion
Surefire M6 (yeah!!)
Fivemega Megalennium 3X 18650 (old version)

@ Carrot: can you tell me more about the Surefire plan, to withdraw all incans?? That would - indeed - be the end of an era!

Timmo.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have tried doing this challenge by only using my Lumens Factory pen light. This thing has proved to be very handy and capable. For such a small bulb, and only having 2xAAA powering it, it really throws what little lumens it has. Most of the light is focused straight ahead and easily lights up whatever you point it at. If you want spill, this isn't for you. :)

EDIT: I just gave my Lumens Factory a treatment with DeOxit. It just got brighter, and the light is much whiter and less yellow! The difference is amazing.

Last edited:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
@ carrot,
I have started the Incan. Challenge.

Question: I have a Shiningbeam S-Mini R4W. arriving this week in Aust. Am I, at least, allowed to check-out the light and its' functions or will that disqualify me? :confused:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm almost exclusively an LED guy, but I've really leveled off on purchases lately because brightness alone doesn't make me purchase a light anymore.

So, this incan challenge will be a good way for me to try something new.

On one hand, it'll be tough because I've got a pretty limited selection, but on the other hand, I hardly ever truly need a light in my day-to-day activities.

I started the challenge today, with just two incans: A Pelican Stealthlight 4AA that stays at my office, and my SureFire 6P, with the stock P60 lamp running off a 17670 Li-ion (this works much better than you'd think!).

The main difficulty of incan edc for me is lack of pocket space now that we're in warmer weather (no jacket pockets to use). So the Stealthlight stayed at my desk and I would put the 6P in my pocket when I was up and about.

I actually did use the Stealthlight a little bit to get a better close up look at a ceiling mounted motion detector. I had started to reach for the work-supplied Rebel Mag in my desk, but caught myself in time and used the Stealthlight instead :thumbsup:

Outside of work, I've got a Princeton Tec 40 with a Magnum Star 4-cell bulb that I'll use along with the 6P. These ought to get me through the week. And I'll still be carrying some LED backup lights just in case!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm heading back into the flashlight arena after a long hiatus. Most of my lights had all been sold off, but I still had a G2 w/p60 riding around in my backpack. It has been bumped up to pocket duty and I'm surprised at how comfortable it carries in my right front pants pocket. I figured it would last a day, but I've been carrying it since Monday and it has yet to be a huge pita. The incan beam is so smooth and buttery too. Definitely more pleasing to the eye than my LX2. I've got a 6P coming, although I already placed an order for a M61W. Whoops. :devil:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Well, I'm heading back into the flashlight arena after a long hiatus. :devil:

Welcome back, Steve! I had lost interest myself until Scout let me know about this great challenge Carrot came up with. I've been incan only since Wednesday...started out with a 6P and stock bulb - the next day I got an E1E (still stock.) But I need a light in the middle of most nights, and the E1E is too bright even at 15 lumen, plus it is mostly spot. So I took 2 pieces of parchment paper (then kind you use in the kitchen), cut out nice circles, then taped them on. Man, it is the most beautiful tint mule type beam I've ever seen! forgive the lousy iphone photo:

Photo%2BMay%2B20%252C%2B12%2B10%2B10%2BPM.jpg

Now there's a C2 and another E1E on the way - plus I picked up an old A2 (incan) on the marketplace today. Yes, I know it has 3 LEDs, but I won't use them - probably won't use that light at all for a while because the main bulb is burned out. Quite a few different Lumens Factory engines at varying brightnesses up to 380 lumen on order - new MA02 for the A2 on the way. All kinds of cool incan stuff!

But I've been totally happy with the stock 6P and the slightly modified E1E! Who'd a thunk it..all those cool LED lights, and I'm happy with a stock 6P and E1E. So jump in - the water is fine!! And welcome back!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
Got started today with the challenge. I honestly have a very nice collection of inca. models. The two that will most likely see duty for this challenge are my Streamlight Scorpion and my SureFire E2E. I still remember when the Scorpion wasn't just one of the best choices in a tactical light, but one of the only ones too. How things have changed . . .

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I am just blown away. I have been walking around tonight with my C2 equipped with P60 just to use it and look at things. The beam is so beautiful and the color so pleasing to the eye. By comparison, LED is cold and garish and unpleasant. Why did I ever switch away??? Did we ever know how good we had it back then?

Some of us always knew and never switched away.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the welcome back Dan! I loved the E1e's. I'll probably be picking one up at some point. Funny how I keep coming back to the same lights over and over. These challenges are very cool/ingenious!