The LionCub Thread - Pt. 8

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
awr - using a charged & rested CRC123A in my Brass LionCub, I showed a current of 1.67+A on high at the start. I posted current for the other four UI1 levels in my review. Look for update #8 in the first post.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I was just thinking about this thread and how many total views it had.....I came up with 8 + 1 pages if you count the starting post by MY........

LCThread.jpg

Views 44,951
Replies 1846

and counting........WOW!!! COOL!!!

It also shows I have too much time on my hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Aloha

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LionCub Tritium Vials Group Buy is closed, and <font color="red"> payment is now due</font>. Please see the thread for payment instructions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Braddah_Bill, you're right: the interest has been amazing! Almost 45,000 views - staggering.

I must have too much time on my hands as well. If anyone's that waiting for your LionCub to arrive is bored with waiting and wants to see some of pictures, a bunch beamshots, some runtime graphs (with about 6 more on the way), a few carry options, and even a homemade flip cover, then take a peak at MR Bulk's Brass Lioncub. Depending on your connection speed, it might take a while for all the pictures to load, but just about everything I know about the LionCub is in the first post. You'll probably think the first post will never end! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cones also has an excellent review, New Review Mr Bulk LionCub Brass.

I'm looking forward to everyone else's reviews, tests, graphs, etc.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I don't have my black LionCub yet (gotta wait about a week for the mail to get to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) but I was able to take a couple of pics with my mobile phone so sorry if they aren't as good as they should be. BTW for those of you not in the light. these photos were taken yesterday at 11:00pm

LCstanding.jpg

LCFRONT.jpg

LC1.jpg

LIonHeart22.jpg

can't have a pic of the Cub without its bigbrother

SF1PROTO.jpg

my pride and joy all thanks charlie
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
People, stop teasing... I'm waiting to get my brass light from Charlie and my NAT light from TW, but this is too much... You're lucky to get your lights so much sooner than I am. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike as soon as you get your LED enhanced paperweight and your Nat LC you will be snapping centerfold pics of them too..lol

may the exilaration of them be worth the anticipation of waiting for them.

doug

GadgetGirl

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(Edit: added a second shot using the flash to show that this is actually very dark grey and not black.)

855905e5.jpg

[HAIII Nat LionCub]
e0f88684.jpg

[HAIII Nat LionCub]

raggie33

*the raggedier*
darn i realy like the black ones they all look amazeing but i prefare the black ones i think

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
holy cow.. 1.67, huh.. i thought i remembered measuring a 'mere' 1.2 or 1.3 with my lionheart.. i'll be very interested to do some measuring on my LC.

-awr

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen as high as 1.74-1.76A - that's measured between the battery neg and the control module's outer surface, BTW.

I'll be real curious to see your results.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
wondering if they engineered a more efficient current path, don't know how, there are some pretty short wires.. the ground wire is alike 3mm long on my lionheart. I will definitely measure the current from my lioncubs.. one of them has a K bin emitter, so that'll be considerably less but the other two have Js.. I might change one to a K because it's a UX1K... i've heard that it only bumps the output like 12% but it'll be much less current i'm sure, so far less overdrive.

I guess i shouldn't feel so bad for driving my RT4 at 1100mA, huh? :-D

awr

Radagast

Enlightened
Got my black cub today. I am in love. Dang this thing's bright. It blew my VIP away in brightness and whiteness. I put the HDS filter on it and it makes a beautiful wall of white light. McGiz's reflector was also a good addition. I'm glad I can easily switch between flood and tightness without having to switch heads. I'm happy the printing was minimalized. I'm a little surprised how scratchy the threading it. Is there a way to fix that? I got used the VIP's silky smooth twisting. Can't wait for the Lh. It's going to rock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Thanks Charlie and the HAT team. You guys rule!
tpengb.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a Fedex signature required notice as I was walking out the door to go to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
MRFedex must have tried to deliver it when I was in the shower 15 minutes before I saw this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
KNOCK A LITTLE LOUDER NEXT TIME FEDEX!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
I gotta get a good doorbell for my place with the bell in the bathroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I'll have to wait up until 9:00AM tomorrow to get my Cub. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Looks like I will be posting my 1st pics of it in the daytime at home.
The building I work at is real nice and will be where I take the pics for my upcoming mini-review of this light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Halibut

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Radagast said:
Got my black cub today. I am in love. Dang this thing's bright. It blew my VIP away in brightness and whiteness. I put the HDS filter on it and it makes a beautiful wall of white light. McGiz's reflector was also a good addition. I'm glad I can easily switch between flood and tightness without having to switch heads. I'm happy the printing was minimalized. I'm a little surprised how scratchy the threading it. Is there a way to fix that? I got used the VIP's silky smooth twisting. Can't wait for the Lh. It's going to rock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Thanks Charlie and the HAT team. You guys rule!
tpengb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Demasking the threads after anodizing can sometimes cause "scratchiness". Clean the threads and apply some Nyogel. I did that with my `Cubs and now they purr like my VIP used to...

Awesome sig! Penguins rock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Dan

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Radagast said:
I'm a little surprised how scratchy the threading it. Is there a way to fix that?
tpengb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

??? We lubed each CPF Cub with NyoGel 79G on the conducting threads and RadioShack Tefla-Gel on the anodized threads. Unless we missed one, in which case I do apologize...try what Halibut suggested and if it's still not right just send it back to be serviced by yours truly.

Sorry again!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today from the Fedex office.
It's Nice and perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thank you MR Bulk, you sir; are a class act! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I just posted a large pictorial review of mine in the reviews forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
re: scratchy threads.. my VIP and my LionHeart were a little scratch before i put on some progold.. and wow just amazing afterwards.. even when i put it on it took a bit to work it in 'til smooth as glass.. but both the VIP and Lionheart are now smooth as glass.

-awr

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
3rd, thanks and you're welcome.

Andrew, yeah it's amazing what a little lube and elbow grease will do, although we Did lube these before they left my house, I promise!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Three questions - apologies if they've already been answered:

Any future run of black 150A bodies?
Is it safe to use 2x123 in the 168 long tube? (they're as bright/brighter than the 168A)
Which protected R123s and charger are recommended?

Brightnorm