The longest throwing LED flashlight in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, you're killing me here! Adding on the case is just cruel. Doubt I'll be able to pick one up though. With the price hike I'm even going to have to put off the MC-E and diffused lens for a month I think. But man, those pictures sure do look great. Keep them coming you guys. :popcorn:

I'd say that 2 weeks is decent forewarning for most people. And if someone needs a bit more time they can just climb a spot or two down the list I'd assume.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the price hike I'm even going to have to put off the MC-E and diffused lens for a month I think. But man, those pictures sure do look great. Keep them coming you guys. :popcorn:
Sorry about that. I didn't want it to come to that but considering as long as these take me they are probably still priced a little low.

I'd say that 2 weeks is decent forewarning for most people. And if someone needs a bit more time they can just climb a spot or two down the list I'd assume.
Thanks for the feedback!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK choppers...

at about 10:00pm tonight I expect a full review with more outdoor beamshots.

Tomorrow by noon I expect the additional runtime results.
:popcorn:
Well CootShooter I think someone needs to tell him to stop playing with the light for at least a few minutes and give us some more feedback huh?:D

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well CootShooter I think someone needs to tell him to stop playing with the light for at least a few minutes and give us some more feedback huh?:D
:D:D I have been playing with the DEFT all night....only thing that has gotten me off CPF!!!! Man this thing is just awesome...the throw on this thing is amazing...I took the dog for our usual walk and the DEFT is hitting distances that I cannot believe...it has such a nice feel to it also....I have been playing with this all evening..shining it into neighbors windows 4 blocks away :grin2:...I am going to have to buy more batteries tomorrow:laughing:...I will try and take some beam shots tomorrow but I have never done that before and dont have a very good camera as I spend my money on more important things...like flashlights!!!!!:crackup:
Thanks again Mike, fantastic work!!!!!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Michael, now these types of reports just get me on the edge of my seat!! I have a number of "Big Guns"--HIDs and short arc which I need to try next to the DEFTs! You'll have to give me your address and I'll drive down from NE Pennsylvania tomorrow---figure I'll make Texas in a few short days and can try out these lights on the plains!!

Karl

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Choppers---how does it compare to some of the other lights you have? HIDs, other asphericals?

Karl
Well, it throws further than any other that I own. I don't own an HID at the moment...everyone that gets this will be more than satisfied......this is a throw monster in a pocket size, if you will. I built a ELE II with 8 Emoli cells running the Osram 64657 Lamp and it is obviously bright but the throw on the DEFT is unmatched by anything I own...

jefft

Enlightened
Michael, please add a case and diffuser lens to my order. This thing definitely looks like it's worth the wait.

looman

Enlightened
Mike you have an order via PM.

I have a qeustion re the emitter. I like bright white light and dont like the yellow type of light associated with incans.

I looked at some of the beamshots - I ordered the r2wh but is this the best choice. I want to be able to spot long range and have a decent spill to spot stuff and have a little spill.

What emitter do you rec for this purpose.

Also, I am confused as to what the difference is between the asperic lens and the diffuser
and what battery options I need to consider. Are these primary cells or rechargables. I am a fan of rechargables becuase in the UK we get fleeced for simple stuff like CR123A's - some shops charge about $12 a cell...........

Finally, are you able to do a tape switch option here.

If you get time, your opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Looman

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will back to answer your questions as soon as I can. I am working hard to get a light out. Thanks.
Mike you have an order via PM.

I have a qeustion re the emitter. I like bright white light and dont like the yellow type of light associated with incans.

I looked at some of the beamshots - I ordered the r2wh but is this the best choice. I want to be able to spot long range and have a decent spill to spot stuff and have a little spill.

What emitter do you rec for this purpose.

Also, I am confused as to what the difference is between the asperic lens and the diffuser
and what battery options I need to consider. Are these primary cells or rechargables. I am a fan of rechargables becuase in the UK we get fleeced for simple stuff like CR123A's - some shops charge about $12 a cell...........

Finally, are you able to do a tape switch option here.

If you get time, your opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Looman

Parker VH

Enlightened
Mike,
Would it be possible for you to PM me your phone number as I'm interested in your light but I'd rather talk to you in person if possible.
Thank you.
Bob

Parker VH

Enlightened
Mike,
How long is the shipping time if I ordered a light in the next couple of days? Just looking for a ballpark estimate.
Thanks.
Bob

black bolt

Newly Enlightened
Mike, can you add me on the list. I will PM you the details on the flashlight once my PM box completes it "vetting" procedures. :popcorn: Thanks...
George

BMF

Enlightened
Mike,
How long is the shipping time if I ordered a light in the next couple of days? Just looking for a ballpark estimate.
Thanks.
Bob

I don't see your name on the list of 34 people in post #2 and I doubt that he can finish that list, you're not on it, by the end of the year. So I guess if you jump on the waiting list now you will have it sometime early next year, I might be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts