The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryG

Enlightened
Re: The Lounge

I just handled a very beautiful TI light with the stupidest UI design I could imagine. This light is so dumb I want to make a video just to rant! Unbelievable!!! Should I make a video? Is that mean to the manufacture? LOL

Paid a lot for it too!!!

Custom or mass produced?

BarryG

Enlightened

Let us know what you think...
If it was one of our custom makers, a little professional respect would be in order. This one is fair game

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Let us know what you think...
If it was one of our custom makers, a little professional respect would be in order. This one is fair game

Nah its something from china. You know its hard to find junk made here ;-)

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just handled a very beautiful TI light with the stupidest UI design I could imagine. ... Unbelievable!!! Should I make a video? Is that mean to the manufacture? LOL
Paid a lot for it too!!!

Congrats on becoming an Authorized Dealer Vinh!

BOTH - Vinh got dignity!

Hey: the truth, but s-l-o-w, Big Guy!!
(Unfortunately, discretion gotta apply . . . .)

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HELP!! I need a business name!

Frozen Lights
Frozen Torch
Frozen Lumens
Fear of the Nights
Alaskan Flashlight Empire
Empire of lights
Last Stand Illumination
Arctic Illumination
Arctic Lights
Adam Arctic Lights
Arctic Torch

Arctic Illumination is a good one.

ven

Flashaholic

That is bad Severus , shame the articles can't give more info to help others....

Here in the uk , been an increase in fires due to cheap ecigs and being left on charge over night! So many people are just unaware of the potential risks. Cheap equipment or not the right equipment etc etc .

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TPT100--a dream, a hope

Someday, someone is going to make a Truly Pocketable Thrower with an output of 100kcd.

I have a feeling I know who will do it first.

What do I mean by a Truly Pocketable Thrower? Roughly, sub-10cm in length, sub-2.5cm in diameter (except probably the head).

I don't mean something so big that it has to ride clipped onto your pocket. If we include lights that big, then I'm pretty sure that the TX25Cvn is getting very close to a TPT100 already--just a few more tweaks and it could be there.

Instead, I have in mind something like the Nitecore EC11--less than 8cm in length. Runs on an 18350 (I doubt if a TPT100 will be able to run on a 16340--at least for more than 5 seconds!!)

Now, that particular light is never going to become a TPT100. Wrong reflector, and not a good chassis for modding.

But that's the kind of size I have in mind for "Truly Pocketable".

Ditto for the D25C--you can clip it to your pocket, but you could also just let it drop into the bottom of your pocket and no one would notice it is there. Of course, the current top end for that (brought to you by V54) is around 30k. It is a TPT30, and I'm not sure it will ever become a TPT100.

The ZL H600 is also Truly Pocketable, even though it has an 18650 in it. But i don't know whether a Thrower could ever be compact enough with an 18650 in it.

So for today it is just a dream, a hope.

But for someone else, someone we all know and love, it might be an ambition....

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The TPT100--a dream, a hope

should be able to come close with a small aspheric lens and xpe2/xbh

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The TPT100--a dream, a hope

should be able to come close with a small aspheric lens and xpe2/xbh

You know, you're right about that, and I should have thought of it.

But for some reason, I find aspherics kind of a cheat, and the quality of the beam never seems as good as the quality of the beam from a reflector. Even the beams from TIR lenses seem better and more useful than the beams from aspherics.

I didn't say "no aspherics," but I guess I was kind of thinking that. Still, you are right: that would be the quickest way to get 100kcd in pocketable form. I hope someone will figure out how to do it without an aspheric, too.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Guys, I may not be around for the next three days and since next to my wife & sons you are my family, I had to tell someone. I WON TICKETS TO GAME 3 of THE WORLD SERIES IN NEW YORK! Esurance had this contest & I entered on a whim and actually won! Tonight I am staying near LAX to fly out early tomorrow. I hardly ever win anything so this is really exciting....Here is the question: which lights do I take???

Status
Not open for further replies.