The Lounge 2017

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
And you went for the tooth:) that took a lot of willpower my friend!!

Not really, I love cold beer. It's my only weakness. ........ Well, that and FourSevens flashlights.

~ Chance

I have the Ti. Bolt-Action.

or8glHX.jpg

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
Bummer... sorry to hear Chance. I still think you deserve to have that light tho :) . Fyi I found out Friday that I have another $2,700 bill coming from my friendly neighborhood tooth fixer. :ohgeez:

No worries tho... I should have enough flashlights to hold me over for a little while.

Now I don't feel so bad about my bill. But I do feel bad for you. So, I'm Even-Steven on the bummer-scale.

~ Chance

Cheers Bud!

De1UrtA.jpg

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeahhhhh.. Brushing and flossing your teeth once or twice a day is ABSOLUTELY worth it.

And if you happen to be one of those unfortunate ones who have not listened to that advise, I highly recommend crossing the border to TJ and getting your teeth replaced by one of those not-yet-licensed, "in-training" dentistas who (just about) rest their watermelons on your eyes as they drill studs into your jaw. :naughty:

Well, that is, at least if you live within a Day's drive from TJ.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello I have an interesting question.. my stock single 18650 light only works with unprotected flat top.. the light doesn't work with unprotected button top or solder blop.. why??

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello I have an interesting question.. my stock single 18650 light only works with unprotected flat top.. the light doesn't work with unprotected button top or solder blop.. why??

The cell might be too long , it's not letting the tail cap tighten all the way--compare the cells side by side

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Does the tailcap screw all the way on? My first guess is the length of blog or button makes it so tail doesn't go all the way on, thus circuit from tube to tail isn't made. (Assuming anodized threads here.)
My Manker e11 14500 light is this way.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Jimmy Buffet stepped on the blop top. _http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jimmybuffett/margaritaville.html

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tested it with 10 cells.
Lg he4 flat top. Work
Samsung 30q flat top. Work
Sony vtc4 flat top. Work
Samsung 30q button top. Not work
Lg mj1 button top. Not work
Sony vtc6 flat top. Work
Lg mj1 solder blop. Not work
Sony vtc5 solder blop. Not work
Lg mj1 flat top. Work
Sony vtc6 button top. Not work

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
Yeahhhhh.. Brushing and flossing your teeth once or twice a day is ABSOLUTELY worth it.

And if you happen to be one of those unfortunate ones who have not listened to that advise, I highly recommend crossing the border to TJ and getting your teeth replaced by one of those not-yet-licensed, "in-training" dentistas who (just about) rest their watermelons on your eyes as they drill studs into your jaw. :naughty:

Well, that is, at least if you live within a Day's drive from TJ.

or if you're one of those unfortunate ones that have to deal with the after effects of chemo & radiation.
I can say withOUT hesitation I have no problem going to mexico for the dentist.(and since Iv been going Iv met people that have been going for years )I forget exactly but I think the price here was $24-26k(with PFM crowns) same work there with Zirconium Crowns $8k.including airfare .I fly out of ACY cheapest flight was $280 RT ,most was $480 RT.
I researched the hell out of it and went for my first appointment jan2016,back sept 2016, back again march 2017,and am going back mid sept
The point is ,YOU will save a minimum of 50% and get just as good,if not better service. And to top it off they gave me a script for anti botics and 800mg IBuprofen .It cost $4 US (or $3 US if paid for in pesos) ,for the script and you can refill all you want,I came home with 200 AB(you can always use them)

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Catch me up on the newest Vinh lights

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I've had a dozen or so Vinh lights in the past but just gave away my last one and so want to refill the void. I haven't really followed along with what's out there for over probably a year plus but here are lights in 3 categories I've had in the past I've liked and curious what's available now.

1. EDC Category. PDT in:
    Sunwayman V20C. Loved the small (to me) size and control ring. Vinh probably doubled the lumens and tripled the lux.
    Eagletac G25C2 - I'm guessing it was 1000 lumens w/60K lux.
  2. Extra-Large EDC. (Fits fine in my side "sap" pockets) = Eagletac S200C2 with PDT. Probably 1000 lumens w/100K lux. I love this lumens:lux ratio!
    Vinh any chance you're now making a light this size with the XHP35 HI with perhaps 2,000 lumens and 100K lux?
  3. Big Light - K40LVN
    Since seeing the XHP 35 HI emitter I've wondered if you could put 4 of these into something like your old Fenix TK75 Killer throw light?

New light - I like the size/shape/form factor of the rectangular, (2) 18650 size under over lights like the TK35 and Nitecore EC4GT but they seem kind of woosy. An EC4GT with a XHP 35 Hi would be nice...

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Catch me up on the newest Vinh lights

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I've had a dozen or so Vinh lights in the past but just gave away my last one and so want to refill the void. I haven't really followed along with what's out there for over probably a year plus but here are lights in 3 categories I've had in the past I've liked and curious what's available now.

1. EDC Category. PDT in:
    Sunwayman V20C. Loved the small (to me) size and control ring. Vinh probably doubled the lumens and tripled the lux.
    Eagletac G25C2 - I'm guessing it was 1000 lumens w/60K lux.
  2. Extra-Large EDC. (Fits fine in my side "sap" pockets) = Eagletac S200C2 with PDT. Probably 1000 lumens w/100K lux. I love this lumens:lux ratio!
    Vinh any chance you're now making a light this size with the XHP35 HI with perhaps 2,000 lumens and 100K lux?
  3. Big Light - K40LVN
    Since seeing the XHP 35 HI emitter I've wondered if you could put 4 of these into something like your old Fenix TK75 Killer throw light?

New light - I like the size/shape/form factor of the rectangular, (2) 18650 size under over lights like the TK35 and Nitecore EC4GT but they seem kind of woosy. An EC4GT with a XHP 35 Hi would be nice...

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest hurdle with xhp35 is that they only come as 12v emitters. Bigger lights with 4 or more batteries are ok but single/double cell lights that didn't originally have the xhp35 cannot have the xhp35 swapped in without a boost driver

As for #3, it doesnt get better than the tn40svn.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like zanflare owner. He is interact with customers and liste. He said zanflare F4 4 x 18650 is in progress.. zanflare light are good.. I can't wait..