• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

MC408

Enlightened
There is a whole other thread, many pages long, dedicated to this. It's already there, my friend. :)

Edit: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/216828

thanks bdm. I didn't realize there was useful information outside the V54 forums!! Lol. Jk.

dang, that thread started in 2008 and is still going. At least till dec 16. Seen OGs awesome setup on there as well!

Almost emvarassed now now to show what I came up with short term. Haha

Last edited:

MC408

Enlightened
IMG_7776.jpg
[/URL]adult image

sharing
[/IMG]

ammo can and foam!! Can hold about 6-8 lights safely. Ain't pretty but keeps them safe!! Lol.

MC408

Enlightened
wow, nickname that one on the left babe ruth! :eek:

i think NL calls it Lexington Steele :naughty: lol!

NL. yeah. Actually started researching yesterday when Vinh dropped one on FDT. Didn't pull the trigger, but let me hear your sales pitch. :rolleyes:

Sure I'll want one after that!

SAMongoose

Enlightened
rant/thought of the day

I have gotten my 4th email today from customers/friends telling me that my video of my lab area will do more harm than not...even friends in the business said the same...While I realize its probably true and is not wise to show your work space it's also quite sad come to think about it. Sometime I feel society has soften us up so much by forcing us having to always be politically correct that we rarely freely express anymore. Is life always on the defense or offense? No kick back keeping it real times? haha There is a price to "keeping it real" it seems...To some extreme I feel like a coward when I restraint myself from the freedom to express as being politically correct gives less trouble.

DO NOT RESTRAIN YOURSELF.

You are who you are.

There are not a lot of people that can do what you do. You are a great guy. Dont listen to the naysayers.

Reminds me.
Chinese and Japanese bringing american businessmen (who asked very nicely) for tours through there factories.
In the meanwhile a new factory with better technology, processes and R&D have been opened a few miles away by the same owners, lol

Go boy, GO. Dont listen to them!

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened
People who don't like your work space in my eyes are the same people who run around looking for a hand out all the time. Jealousy comes out of many people in different ways. Vinh you are able to provide a service and you have a unique set of skills you also have drive and determination this makes people envious so they will pick apart things they are unable to achieve. Be proud of yourself your accomplishments your giving way. Don't give into those comments as you know your own self-worth. Your lab area to me is expressed thru the many V54 crafted lights that I'm so proud to own and many others.

+1 to OG.
Vinh, I have personally been in your lab many times. My thoughts never waver from the exceptional craftsmanship and quality of the products that end up in our hands to enjoy. You have made some of us loyal customers/friends "The Flashlight Guys". :thumbsup: That's like getting voted into the Hall of Fame!
I wouldn't put too much into what you hear from the critics. Keep doing what you do best and keep it real my friend.
Oh... FYI.. Really liking the new little pop can. :)
LT

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
rant/thought of the day

I have gotten my 4th email today from customers/friends telling me that my video of my lab area will do more harm than not...even friends in the business said the same...While I realize its probably true and is not wise to show your work space it's also quite sad come to think about it. Sometime I feel society has soften us up so much by forcing us having to always be politically correct that we rarely freely express anymore. Is life always on the defense or offense? No kick back keeping it real times? haha There is a price to "keeping it real" it seems...To some extreme I feel like a coward when I restraint myself from the freedom to express as being politically correct gives less trouble.

First of all, those of us who have buy your lights today do it for the performance and the support, not because the look of the "factory". If we saw the conditions of the big factories there'd be lots to complain about too, though in different ways. It was neat to get to see your workspace. I will say that when I watched the video I was surprised and impressed.

Given your level of detail on the lights, and making sure everything is perfect on them, I expected a "sterile" environment with not a single pen or part out of place. I expected shelves of lights in precise rows, neatly tagged. Perhaps to see an assembly line of lights in a row. I expected the shop to be as clean as your kitchen is in the videos!

I was surprised to find that wasn't the shop! But you get it done within the confines of your domicile without having to have the time spent on the non-productive kinds of activities. And I suppose that's a good thing for us. More focus on the builds, and less focus on tidying up and labeling shelves keeps the passion where it is, keeps prices down, and worst case, produces a FDT for us! :) So maybe I'm over-thinking it, or over narrating my thoughts as I watched it, but that's what I've got. Lights first; I don't know why we wouldn't be fans of that! Anyone who would be scared off from the video would probably also be scared off by the "read this first" letter, if they actually read it.

ven

Flashaholic
Agree with all said, imho..............if it aint broke dont fix it. Besides, if you are all tidy and spotless, you wont find a thing:crazy:

lstmichel

Enlightened
rant/thought of the day

At the end of the day we buy your product because it is GOOD and you stand behind it.
I once toured your lab and remember thinking that this would drive the visual folks nuts (that is also the day I bought 2 big lights from you)
I remember your passion in showing me a whole bunch of other lights (that I didn't have money for at the time)
Someone on this forum compared what you do to ART - that is a great analogy - Keep up the great work :)
(looking forward to the lights you are building for me!!!)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
At the end of the day we buy your product because it is GOOD and you stand behind it.
I once toured your lab and remember thinking that this would drive the visual folks nuts (that is also the day I bought 2 big lights from you)
I remember your passion in showing me a whole bunch of other lights (that I didn't have money for at the time)
Someone on this forum compared what you do to ART - that is a great analogy - Keep up the great work :)
(looking forward to the lights you are building for me!!!)

We have met?! Haha I didn't know!

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Within the realm of what is being discussed:

NOT easy to do, However, a friend told me this years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE. IF we are doing the RIGHT thing, we should NOT be concerned about what others may think. It is none of our business.

Those 5 words I am pretty sure that they come from the bible. They are also inscribed on special coins that me and my friends strive for on a daily basis and receive each year.
​_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A cute story,help lighten things up!

I am on my only Road walk tonight. a dirt road out in the country with a couple vehicles at most during my 70 minute hike.

Ok,,,so I am walking by this guys house. He is getting the mail. Same old story that does not get old!! He was in awe with my Vinh lights[K40vn/M2xvn].I gave him the sales pitch with Vinh's website info.

These homes are like 300 yards, 400 yards and up to 1/2 mile apart,a good torch would be beneficial.

So here is the CUTE part of the story:

He said, " every time my Seven[7] year old daughter sees you go by the house, she says, "LOOK DAD, IT IS THE FLASHLIGHT GUY AGAIN"!!!:clap:
+1. I like the story too. That IS very cute.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I love you guys ahahah
We love you too. That's why we don't want you to sell out. Both figuratively and literally, lol. You're sharing some private space with us simply conveys your generous nature and courage. Some people may fear transparency, and not only never take the time to share something about who they are, but go out of their way to remain hidden. Now this may or may not reflect anything on their true nature. However, your sharing your work DOES say something about you. 10 years from now you may have some polished up, fancy shop you work out of. At that time you'll make a video about that place. You likely won't do it because it's all shiny and you are self righteous, but rather because it's simply who you are and you enjoy sharing it with some of your friends/fans.

Also you do a good job with the video. Your manner is organized even if your workshop may carry an "appearance" of being disorganized. You do say too, I know where every last thing is in this shop. Shows character. I don't think it's necessarily PC or not PC. Just who you are.

That said, I downloaded that video the second I saw your post. JIC.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I missing something here? I can't figure out what could hurt by showing the lab.

Its not like vinh is videotaping where he used to commit crimes nor is there anything on there that looks offensive to anyone... Right?

Besides, if people are thinking about the mess, there is literally no guarantee vinh didn't just make a fake video in a friends messy house while he actually works in a huge military grade warehouse with active sterilized ventilation.

Believe me, when I worked at food4less, the back warehouse was completely (read "unfunctionally") cleaned and reorganized each time the district manager made a visit.
This is just the opposite. Lol.

really tho, what's wrong with showing your workplace on you tube?

ven

Flashaholic
Honestly i think its just vinhs friends looking out for him. Maybe more towards people/customers who dont know him too well and may stumble across him via youtube over here on CPF. I dont think you could win either way.............imagine a large studio, state of the art all shiny and polished. All organised with several wayne's taking calls and answering emails..............Then possible to be accused of having too many overheads.

I think its awesome and seeing it all real and how it is........................

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Honestly i think its just vinhs friends looking out for him. Maybe more towards people/customers who dont know him too well and may stumble across him via youtube over here on CPF. I dont think you could win either way.............imagine a large studio, state of the art all shiny and polished. All organised with several wayne's taking calls and answering emails..............Then possible to be accused of having too many overheads.

I think its awesome and seeing it all real and how it is........................
Yes, anything you do may be criticized. I do disagree with the view that there is something wrong with Vinh showing his personal work space as from a business perspective, there is still likely more positive than negative through this action. I can understand too though the concern over just being conscientious that possibly/likely not everybody will view such things in the same spirit they are created. Turn-offs and turn-ons, different strokes for different folks, nothing you can do about those things. It is something to possibly keep in mind as Vinh was reminded through receiving email. Don't think it's something he should be overly concerned with. I like the video too ven. I can only speak for myself of course. But it's nice to see.