• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2020

daffy

Enlightened
OH crapppp is this recent???
If your referring to me Vinh then yes.
My SLN arrived at LAX yesterday so that will arrive soon.
As i am not a fan of NW in throwers all i wanted was the LED change.

You have sent me lights with way more aggressive bezels that got through fine.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If your referring to me Vinh then yes.
My SLN arrived at LAX yesterday so that will arrive soon.
As i am not a fan of NW in throwers all i wanted was the LED change.

You have sent me lights with way more aggressive bezels that got through fine.

So they just confiscate the light and that's that?! That would be a HUGE lost.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Vinh! A huge congratulations on your expanding family. You all are in my prayers. My youngest daughter is expecting her 1st child at 31 years old. Exciting times all around!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

daffy

Enlightened
So they just confiscate the light and that's that?! That would be a HUGE lost.
Yes.
You can apply to get the light back, but if they determine its a legal seizure you automatically lose and get a court proceeding against you to recover their costs..in other words they make it not worthwile to claim so i didnt.

daffy

Enlightened
Sold 3 bikes, and 2 guns to afford this baby :)
Which configuration do you guys like more?

A for my 2 cents worth

A
nMirxzF.jpg

B
BHVDiXT.jpg

texas cop

Enlightened
Absolutely! I make lots of mistakes in all areas of my life, and I try my best to learn something from them all. Lesson in that one is that trying to do a speed reload with a really large, really slick, 4 pound magazine isn't easy! I've added more grip tape to parts of the mag, and that made it better, but as with most motor skills, practice is the big one. I hate dropping the mags though, they're $150 a piece! I've been practice at home standing on my wife's yoga mat :sssh:

Here are 10 round Barrett mags next to a 20 round 5.56 pmag;
WiOnKUA.jpg

mID1JP6.jpg

On my tiny 308 mags I use grip tape to protect when dropped and to add some grip to not drop. Personally from the bottom up about a 2" band

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Keep getting requests to show more behind the scene mod work so here some Olight Xvn90 Mod pics.

De-Lens = Removing the lens box over the LED die. The LED must be handled much more carefully as exposed LED die and especially the numerous bond wires are extremely fragile.
Removing this Lens box net around 5% gain in performance, a whiter tint, and sometime a larger hot spot and better focus as the LED die can go deeper into the reflector for better focus.
kuzrt5a.jpg

DriverVNX2 is potted and glued directly onto the head body for best heat sinking. Floating drivers will not last long!
U4OClNr.jpg

LED MCPCB is hand trimmed for max surface area available for heat sinking to host.
DWBrHw1.jpg

Always run the shortest and fattest wires that space allow for least resistance
IOSRG9G.jpg

Always solder bond LED MCPCB to host whenever possible. Not the case we have here so thermal epoxy with lots of force during curing is the next best thing.
vfC21Ob.jpg

Center the reflector around the LED and check for beam focus. Adjust height until best beam is achieved. Finally, glue the reflector in place for fixed focus.
hfuXpRb.jpg

Switch assemblies usually need to be upgraded to reduce resistance and or operation for specific LED and driver configurations. Definitely the case we have here for fluid operation of the SBT90 with DriverVNX2 and this unique E-Switch.
xAzFFI6.jpg

Final product yield north of 5400L and 135Kcd with a perfect focus intense beam. Excellent tactical light really.
z2oAe5C.jpg

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the behind the scene shots, Vinh!
There are a lot of complex details under the hood besides the light bulb, LOL. It's the accumulation of these small details the make a V54 light SHINE! [emoji363]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

daffy

Enlightened
Yes very nice to see the work you put in, pity i cant get this light its a ripper customs would just confiscate it again...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yes very nice to see the work you put in, pity i cant get this light its a ripper customs would just confiscate it again...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss on this light. I still couldn't get over the fact that they just take it away. If the light had a flat bezel do you think it would still be a problem?

Enlightened
Btw - can that Xvn90 have anduril? I've never had an olight I didn't realize it was an e switch.