The Lounge 2021

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
Baby doesnt sleep well. Keeps jumping out of the calm and then lots of crying. Its like he woke up from a nightmare. Any clues?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I remember newborns can get colicky, get tummy aches

Have new mom watch what out what she eats. Spicy foods goes into moms milk

Could be cause, however, Dr Knucklehead is limited to motors and flashlights. You need better advice

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
I have gotten question like this at least 5 times already:

"Should I store my cells fully charged or partially charged?"

To me personally storing cells at lower voltage to preserve its chemistry is like carrying a gun with bullets out of the magazine.

Teslas has packs with thousands of cells in it and wouldn't you want it fully charged all the time?

Isn't the convenience of having them ready to go OVERWHELMINGLY outweigh the premature degradation?

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay I googled.. appears spicy is okay. Fish high in mercury not so good for babies..

Hey, your not charging his cells up to max are you :)

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
Okay I googled.. appears spicy is okay. Fish high in mercury not so good for babies..

Hey, your not charging his cells up to max are you :)

I am going to look over my wifes diet and see if thats the cause. ATM the baby takes like 70% Formula though. Just 30% mothers millk.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Supporter
The full functionality of having cells fully ready to go is very important. I have classified my cell storage into four tiers. Obsolete cells in tier 4 are stored partially charged. Current rotation cells are short term stored fully charged. Tier two cells that I will rotate into use sooner instead of later are stored at 4.05 volts, and tier 3 cells that I will use later instead of sooner are stored at 3.9 volts.

Infant sleep/wake rapid cycle is normal, I think; but best to get qualified advice if any concerns. :)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try both the drops and the elevated suggestion.

Update: So I just lower the bassinet on one end. Lets see..

My wife put our oldest daughter in a wedge sleeper for the entire first year because of a bad belly. Really the only thing that helped. We tried drops and new food/formula with no avail. Good luck with it all. Maybe ask your baby doctor or I can ask my wife for other suggestions when she gets home. She worked OB for years before she switched to family practice and she still sees many children and babies. It’s hard to know anything for sure but she may have some universal suggestions.

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
Olight makes some of the BEST lights on the market but uses the worse LEDs! Yayyyy!! This gives me work!

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
My wife put our oldest daughter in a wedge sleeper for the entire first year because of a bad belly. Really the only thing that helped. We tried drops and new food/formula with no avail. Good luck with it all. Maybe ask your baby doctor or I can ask my wife for other suggestions when she gets home. She worked OB for years before she switched to family practice and she still sees many children and babies. It’s hard to know anything for sure but she may have some universal suggestions.

Thanks

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
The full functionality of having cells fully ready to go is very important. I have classified my cell storage into four tiers. Obsolete cells in tier 4 are stored partially charged. Current rotation cells are short term stored fully charged. Tier two cells that I will rotate into use sooner instead of later are stored at 4.05 volts, and tier 3 cells that I will use later instead of sooner are stored at 3.9 volts. LOL I toss all my cells in one bin...But then my Lab looks just the same. ahahhaa

Infant sleep/wake rapid cycle is normal, I think; but best to get qualified advice if any concerns. :) Of course but that not until mid next week.

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA
[FONT=&quot]
4ZavFdX.jpg
[/FONT]

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha my gracious. Wife said don’t elevate crib or bassinet because baby can roll in an unsafe position. Wish I could find a sleeper like we had to show you. It had a harness so baby couldn’t move or roll around. IF it is reflux it’s hard to deal with. Not a whole lot you can do.

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a handsome lil man he is. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures with us. Vinh you may try making the swaddle a bit tighter so that his arms are not too loose. When babies shake and move their arms, that can wake themselves up. But when the swaddle is snug, it keeps their hands and arms tight and close to their bodies and should not jolt themselves awake. That’s just another idea that came into mind along with what others have said. If I think of anything else, I’ll post here.

bartekreaper

Newly Enlightened
Mine New Year resolution is buying the best flashlight with 2 sources of light, thrower and flooder in 1. For the reasonable price, big throw and good colors. Nothing more needed to be happy 😊

texas cop

Enlightened
Vihn, you knucklehead and I mean this in the best way. I raised two boys and this is the last place to ask baby advice on. Try your pediatrician, there what you call professionals.