• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2021

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TubeVN 3200K and 5600K back in stock

20210831_165326.jpg

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
  1. Handicapped - Disabled
  2. Military - Veteran
  3. First Responders
  4. Search & Rescue
  5. Law Enforcement Officers - Securities
  6. Fire Fighters
  7. .... .... .... ....
  8. Mothers
  9. Broke College Student
  10. Medics - Nurses - Doctors
  11. Native Americans
  12. Educators
  13. Postal Workers
  14. Janitors
  15. Garbage Collectors
  16. Low income with children
  17. Utility workers
  18. I have lived long enough to make one of the groups on this list: Number 7: Elders 60+

1. Handicapped - Disabled
  2. Military - Veteran
  3. First Responders
  4. Search & Rescue
  5. Law Enforcement Officers - Securities
  6. Fire Fighters
  7. .... .... .... ....
  8. Mothers
  9. Broke College Student
  10. Medics - Nurses - Doctors
  11. Native Americans
  12. Educators
  13. Postal Workers
  14. Janitors
  15. Garbage Collectors
  16. Low income with children
  17. Utility workers
  18. I have lived long enough to make one of the groups on this list: Number 7: Elders 60+

I assisted our church n school "janitor" a few years back ..... We prefer the term - Custodial EngIneer. 🧐

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assisted our church n school "janitor" a few years back ..... We prefer the term - Custodial EngIneer. 🧐
Assisting with church and school: That is a noble cause. Especially church.

Your pics of your first purchase from Vinh: I am glad that was a long time ago. When I read your post, I got the wrong impression that the pics of your first purchase from Vinh was currently, not a long time ago.

By the way, in another section of this forum, you quoted another person, and the first time I read your post, it was not readily apparent in my mind that it was the other persons' content that you were quoting. I am happily relieved that it was not you who said that. I hope the other person comes around soon.

Assisting with church and school: That is a noble cause. Especially church.

Your pics of your first purchase from Vinh: I am glad that was a long time ago. When I read your post, I got the wrong impression that the pics of your first purchase from Vinh was currently, not a long time ago.

By the way, in another section of this forum, you quoted another person, and the first time I read your post, it was not readily apparent in my mind that it was the other persons' content that you were quoting. I am happily relieved that it was not you who said that. I hope the other person comes around soon.

A few members were asking OP some questions in that thread, so I quoted what he wrote. The area - What's new - doesn't offer a quote option, so I decided to copy his post and paste it in the GoVegan thread. At the top of my post I wrote that it was a quote of the OP. Some other members also thought It was me calling members a derogatory term. Chalk it up to lessons learned.

By the way, I almost always get a laugh when I tell people - "We prefer to be addressed as Custodial Engineers." It's a joke, but as with all comedy there needs to be an element of truth for it to be funny. It's not uncommon for the "janitor" to deal with minor electrical issue repairs, plumbing repairs, painting, HVAC systems, cleaning machine maintenance, and a whole slew of cleaning and disinfectant chemicals. Ours also knew over 90 students and their parents by their first names. Many years ago, some of the girls in the school started kissing the bathroom mirrors, which left a lip print on the glass. Rafael put the word out that he cleaned the mirrors with the same cloth he cleaned the toilets with. Problem solved.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
dotCPF,

The 24-70mm F2.8 lens is nice for low light which is my main goal for a DSLR. Camera must be excellent with low light for indoor active shots that I mostly take.

This setup on the Alpha is also about $4000 so same price as the Nikon D850 with the 24-70mm.

Do you recommend anything else cheaper? I had a mirrorless in the early days of this tech and I could not find myself getting use to not having a viewfinder.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sky Lumen Labor Day 2021 Sale

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
After 10 years.... time for an Avatar change, in honor of my favorite flashlight-smith!

...as long as it's alright with Vinh.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
LA60vn LEP zoomie coming soon

Likely won't throw as well as L2Kvn but hopefully still impressive

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 12.24.49 AM.png

Patriot

Flashaholic
I tiny expense for a huuuge clip upgrade! I'm really surprised that the original design made it into production.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hey Patriot,
Back 2013 you made a video that included discussion of the Zebralight SC52. I purchased one as a result of you pointing it out. I recently sold it and can say it probably cost me about $1 dollar a year to own it. Thanks(!) for the info through the years, including today.
Sorry I missed this. That's really funny, thinking back on it. Yes, back then, there really wasn't anything else quite like it. What's crazy is that I still have mine! In fact, I was just out doing some bug spraying around the property and that SC52 was the light I used. It's always been the, 'around the house' light. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone has wifi issue where you have to restart your router/modem every once in a while? If yes I have a solution.

SKV89

Enlightened
Vinh have you tried the new SFT40? Seems to outthrow SBT90.2 and flux bin the same as the SST40. Unlike XHP35hi is lower bin than XHP35HD.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh have you tried the new SFT40? Seems to outthrow SBT90.2 and flux bin the same as the SST40. Unlike XHP35hi is lower bin than XHP35HD.
I tried it. Its nothing spectacular and nowhere near SBT90.2. Its basically a SST40 domeless from the factory that handle current much worse than SST40 HD. Likely a lower Vf.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a new emitter, sfn55.2. Supposedly does more lumens with slightly less throw than the sbt90.2