• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2022

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm not referring to the thermals of the light host, but the efficiency of the driver itself.

Yes more efficient but more driver heat when driven very hard so often times needing to step down to protect itself before the host gets hot.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yes more efficient but more driver heat when driven very hard so often times needing to step down to protect itself before the host gets hot. Great for mildly driven applications or if the driver can be mounted fixed to the body of the light.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah I was under the impression that 5amps and under wasn't very hard. Even a conservatively driven 519A at 2-3 amps with an efficient and well regulated driver seems pretty neat.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
It seems to be when a driver is
Ah I was under the impression that 5amps and under wasn't very hard. Even a conservatively driven 519A at 2-3 amps with an efficient and well regulated driver seems pretty neat.
Thermal epoxy to the host it can handle worlds of heat. T0o bad this is not a common practice for flashlights.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Maxtoch OwlEyes W Pro Brightest LEP Laser Light

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
RRT01vn with clicky delete

IMG_1743.jpg

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OwlEyes W Pro might possibly put out even more than 4mcd. You'd have to measure it at 50 meters or further to allow both beams to full converge. So cool to see the beams converge into one in the sky. Looks like a Death Star.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The OwlEyes W Pro might possibly put out even more than 4mcd. You'd have to measure it at 50 meters or further to allow both beams to full converge. So cool to see the beams converge into one in the sky. Looks like a Death Star.

I am going to combine 2 into one for 4 LEP heads for kicks. I will try to find a soccer field for numbers too.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to combine 2 into one for 4 LEP heads for kicks. I will try to find a soccer field for numbers too.

SRD Lights on youtube did that with 4 W30s. If you can 3d print or machine a yoke and handle that connects two together that'd be pretty badass. Quad beam of death just sounds so fun.

star_c_star

Enlightened
Maxtoch OwlEyes W Pro Brightest LEP Laser Light

Hi Vinh,

I just received my Maxtoch OwlEyes W Pro , and am REALLY impressed with it.

I measure almost exactly 3 million Candela at 32 feet, well before the two beams have fully converged.

Did you make any modifications to the flashlight at all? Just curious.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta say the Maxtoch OwlEyes is such an impressive and smart host for a light. I love its effective use of large heatsinking on the rear of the dual heads, and the 21700 sized battery tube keeps it small feeling in the hand.

I kinda wish there was like a dual D4S style light like this, with the same effective heatsinking, only in a smaller package.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I gotta say the Maxtoch OwlEyes is such an impressive and smart host for a light. I love its effective use of large heatsinking on the rear of the dual heads, and the 21700 sized battery tube keeps it small feeling in the hand.

I kinda wish there was like a dual D4S style light like this, with the same effective heatsinking, only in a smaller package.
I agree the light look so weird but its actually nice in hand. Excellent heat sinking design too. LOL

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Single 519a 4500K in a P60 dropin.
What would it take to design for maximum throw, knowing that there are other emitters that can reach farther but want to have the nice tint and Hi CRI. Since we use 4000K SST-20 (EagTac, Emisar, Lumintop) and a Zebralight SC64 LE on our dog walks at night, hopefully the 519a would not be too distractingly different when used simultaneously with these other flashlights.

Would the dedomed 5000K 519a be too rosy when used at the same time as those other LED's?

Thinking direct drive. Is an optic possible?

Thank you for considering this unusual request.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Single 519a 4500K in a P60 dropin.
What would it take to design for maximum throw, knowing that there are other emitters that can reach farther but want to have the nice tint and Hi CRI. Since we use 4000K SST-20 (EagTac, Emisar, Lumintop) and a Zebralight SC64 LE on our dog walks at night, hopefully the 519a would not be too distractingly different when used simultaneously with these other flashlights.

Would the dedomed 5000K 519a be too rosy when used at the same time as those other LED's?

Thinking direct drive. Is an optic possible?

Thank you for considering this unusual request.
Single 519a cant handle direct drive applications

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
FW4XMvn
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Mateminco MT18Xvn - Ultra HCRI R

image0 10.53.54 PM.jpeg