The M4 Came!

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
It came today, GREAT ZOT!!! that is a bright flashlight. I am almost afraid to try the 350 lumen module. This thing is almost a Deathbeam. $ 189.00 well spent, indeed.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Hey! Come on... a little more detail pleeeze. How does it hold up to your other lights (I know you got 'em). Did yours come with the Pyrex or Lexan lens? Also who did you order from (good price!). I'm leaning towards an M4 too but I would like to have the Pyrex lens...

Byron

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCOTT THE BADGER:
It came today, GREAT ZOT!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zot??

Greetings,
Velcro

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
Velcro, Great Zot is an expression from the American comic strip, B.C. It means about the same as Good Greif.

Byron; It is a very impressive flashlight. It is much brighter than the Stinger XT that I carry on my duty belt. I usd it last night during a severe thunderstorm, and it lit up a parking lot entirely, and did it almost as well as the Federal VisiBeam II that is mounted on top of my lightbar, and totally outclasses my Alley Lights. I am very pleased with it.

I got the light at The Sable Company, in Port Byron, Ill. Thier website is at www.greatprices.at/sableco.com. He has exellent prices.

My light must be one of the early ones, it's serial number is A000844. The lens is Lexan, rather than Pyrex. We'll see how it holds up.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your report. It's great to know it lights up big area. Would you tell how far the light could throw.

It'd great to have it compare with UltraStinger, do you or your fellow officer has UltraStringer?

I love M4's lithium set up but I am afraid that it spreads out its light to larger area instead of longer range.

TIA.

Alan

Size15's

Flashaholic
Remember that SureFires are not spotlights. They give you light so you can take in the whole "picture" and not get tunnel vision. Vital because it's the threat you don't see that gets you hurt I suppose.
(If you don't see it, you can't react to it)

I am no way any sort of expert or even know anything about tactics and police etc issues. This just seems the right balance to me.

I'd love a very narrow beam version of the TurboHead 4" diameter reflector with a 1 degree beam angle would be amazing!

Al

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get me wrong. I think I am not trying to compare *which* light is *better*. I simply want to get a light that fits my needs. I want to get a reasonable sized light that could throw *very far* yet maintain reasonable peripheral lighted area. M4 seems like the one but I want to make sure. What I want to clarify is which direction M4 is desgined for, - bigger light area or long throw with reasonable lighted area (I don't want to spot light, if I do, I will get one with 5million cp not SF or SL). Due to the bigger bazel M4 uses, I would expect it will side more on long throw rather than bigger area like 9AN. I simply don't want to get the wrong light (not a bad light) due to wrong assumption.

I learned good experience on 9AN. It's very good light to serve its purpose. However, *some* users (I am one of them) expect the increased lumen goes to longer range with same covered area like their 65 lumen SF.

For instance, what if your 500 lumen 12PM is designed to light up entire football field but dim due to the extreme large area, you can't say it is a bad light and because it might still be the smallest light in the world that could light up entire football field. Ok, I exaggerate this to make the point.

I am still eager to see the comparison.

ps. this is light forum for flashaholic and not a fighting battle field for SF and SL die hard fans:)

Alan

Latest posts