The Malkoff Front Porch

StagMoose

Enlightened
Yes, with the adapter you're looking at another .25 of a inch. It's a great size, but a poor design.

I agree. Great size, love the stacked donut texture, but would have preferred it not have an adapter and be compatible with e-series tail caps. Maybe with the "spring tunnel" like Surefires have.

Basically the one Malkoff thing I am not super happy with. It works, but even with a good battery a hard enough bump will cause it to lose connection and if you have a multi mode head it can change modes.

Haven't had any issue with single mode heads, so it isn't really a huge issue. But removing the adapter is irritating. Kinda want to pick the head you will use on it and that is the end of the story. Except that isn't how it goes in practice, not in my world anyway. A pair of scissors or the back of a knife blade make good "wrenches" for the adapter. It is an interesting design, and as far as an adapter a good one, but the adapter is annoying.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I wonder if someone with more knowledge then myself with the internet"so 12 year olds and up" could do that way back Machine thing and pull up the wildcat V4 when it was on malkoffs site? Please and thank you.

archimedes

Flashaholic
EDIT.... on second thought, I will PM you the link, tg, since I'm not sure if that affects Malkoff's bandwidth

Last edited:

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if someone with more knowledge then myself with the internet"so 12 year olds and up" could do that way back Machine thing and pull up the wildcat V4 when it was on malkoffs site? Please and thank you.
Here you go buddy, sorry about the poor pics
11ada4da0015ca566f1aebb5ce4392cd.jpg
9ffa18296c9e6de8c87c8e4a38fce8a7.jpg

jrgold

Enlightened
i just gotta say, i really wish you could filter malkoff's site by in-stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of the new wildcats in neutral would tempt me. just to pair with my hd super

I've got one, it's a good light. Though I never use it since I prefer the v6 cause of the size. I'm putting together a bunch of MALKOFF lights up on the wts very soon. You might get lucky.

jrgold

Enlightened
I've got one, it's a good light. Though I never use it since I prefer the v6 cause of the size. I'm putting together a bunch of MALKOFF lights up on the wts very soon. You might get lucky.

pm me when you do. i'm always too slow

the new hound dog xpl is on sale since yesterday.
I like it. :)

"The flashlight has a beam with a tight hot spot and good spill."
"Lux at one meter is approximately 45,000."

StagMoose

Enlightened
It's tempting but between the new 18650 XT and the HD Super I feel as if I am adequately covered on throwers for the time being. Maybe a new 200k lux HD Super will come out down the road with one of these new-fangled emitters. ...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I'm working on putting a travel kit together for when I go on vacation or camping trips etc. a pelican case with a MD4 wildcat a 18650 XT a MD3 M91 and a MD3 M61NLLLL. With that setup I would have everything covered. Just trying to do the math and figure out what size case I need. I'm thinking the 1200 would work.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya I'm working on putting a travel kit together for when I go on vacation or camping trips etc. a pelican case with a MD4 wildcat a 18650 XT a MD3 M91 and a MD3 M61NLLLL. With that setup I would have everything covered. Just trying to do the math and figure out what size case I need. I'm thinking the 1200 would work.

I'm almost positive I have a 1200 TG and I think that would be a perfect size for what your wanting to put it in . Even then you will have a small amount of room for some cells

I'll double check for you

By the way if your not looking to break the bank on pelicans harbor freight has some really nice pelican style cars for a third of the price . I picked up a few awhile back