The Malkoff Front Porch

I want a camo one too. I have some catching up to do...

To anyone interested, my M31LL 219B from illumn arrived today, ordered Monday. They probably still have a few more, despite being labeled as backordered.
image.jpg

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried 2 different tail caps. A malkoff tail cap and a surefire tail cap. The both malkoff tail caps caused the light to flash, while the surefire one didn't cause a flash

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried 2 different tail caps. A malkoff tail cap and a surefire tail cap. The both malkoff tail caps caused the light to flash, while the surefire one didn't cause a flash
Those McClickys require almost no force, if you blew of them too hard the light would come on. The dead-travel is soley accomplished by the space between the boot and switch itself + resistance of the rubber/silicone boot. Very different from Surefire switches (which I much prefer). Definitely a switch issue.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
WM61LLLL, anyone?

I have an N61LLLL....I'm trying to figure out its best use b\c it's really dim. I guess maximum battery life is the only pro to it.
I let my wife use it when the kids were lighting fire works and she complained about the lumen output.
I gave her an M91 and it got too hot.
I gave her an MDC CR123 and the multi-mode got the best of her.
I guess she's an M61 type of gal

Last edited:
I'm hoping my M31LL is an ideal output for general night use, especially if the H/L ring works. Contemplated the M31LLL but thought it would be too limited. I imagine wanting a battery-sipping low output module for extreme battery life in an emergency situation. Just for navigating in the dark and all. But it seems like you get that by running any old M61 on a low voltage source.

Wish I could buy all this stuff all at once. Still waiting on funds for an [MDX] head; got this lovely dropin just sitting around!

Edit: spelling, sort of.

Last edited:
Those McClickys require almost no force, if you blew of them too hard the light would come on. The dead-travel is soley accomplished by the space between the boot and switch itself + resistance of the rubber/silicone boot. Very different from Surefire switches (which I much prefer).
Is this a common opinion? Do you guys find McClickys lacking as a dependable duty-type switch option?

3oni

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping my M31LL is an ideal output for general night use, especially if the H/L ring works.
If it's anything like the M61NLL I have in my 6P, which it should be even with 60 vs. 80 lumens, it will be a superb light for general nighttime use.

I find the M61NLL a little dimmer than I'd like for many tasks in lit or partially lit areas, but a joy to use at night (and in dark spaces). That Malkoff reflector makes it more useful than most of my other lights in the same lumen range.

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Is this a common opinion? Do you guys find McClickys lacking as a dependable duty-type switch option?
I do think the McClicky switches activate very easily, yes. I still like them. I have one light with a harder rubber boot which I like better, though.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those McClickys require almost no force, if you blew of them too hard the light would come on. The dead-travel is soley accomplished by the space between the boot and switch itself + resistance of the rubber/silicone boot. Very different from Surefire switches (which I much prefer). Definitely a switch issue.
Good to know. Thank you

Latest posts