The Malkoff Front Porch

ekardscribner73

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
What is it about the VME/MDC that the wavy washer improves? Does the dropin not fit tightly or is the battery compartment just a hair too long?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the VME….the body that has the negative current makes content with the bottom of the actual drop-in. In other Malkoff’s the body makes contact with the ring. Here’s a pic for illustration

Before washer…that tiny little ring on the dropin is where the negative current reaches the dropin
722A6D46-FE2A-45BD-95D1-A6C4E7AE2083.jpeg

And with washer

75D56672-4658-4748-A592-E50BD8D93ECD.jpeg

ekardscribner73

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Thanks Kernel, that's exactly what I was wondering. So the flicker is caused by the small contact point and not so much that the dropin doesn't fit well. Just ordered a bunch of stuff including a VME combo—as much as I love the MDX lights.....it's an itch to scratch. If the VME/MDC combo lights are anywhere near as durable and reliable as the MDXs I'll love em

HermodsRide

Newly Enlightened
Took the Diffuser Film off my 18650 Wildcat Neutral and I am liking it a lot. Anyone else do this?

Also, what's the difference between the LED and Optic on the wildcat vs the 18650 hound dog XT?

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took the Diffuser Film off my 18650 Wildcat Neutral and I am liking it a lot. Anyone else do this?

Also, what's the difference between the LED and Optic on the wildcat vs the 18650 hound dog XT?

The "flooders" will be an XP-L HD (High Density), the "throwers" will be an XP-L HI (High Itensity)

The throwers will have more narrow optics making the center beam smaller

ekardscribner73

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Got my box of Malkoff today. What I'm most excited about is my new M61L VME/16650. A few of you recommended the VME/MDC combo to me a while back, and I was too stuck on the high/low ring to see the merit. Anyway, I'm blown away. The VME with 16650 body is an incredible size and shape. The head forms a gentle taper that fits my hands perfectly, and for once I find that the pocket clip actually adds to the ergonomics of the light.

And you guys know I could go on for pages about the M61L. Especially on 2x1CR123, the thing is unbelievable. Perfect tint, beam profile, brightness for my daily carry needs. Awesome. It's funny, Malkoff offers some truly standout lights with incredible throw or output or extreme form factors, but the ones that get me excited are the simple ones.

You've all seen it, but here's a photo anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited: