The Malkoff Front Porch

fulee9999

Enlightened
Would anyone happen to know if the Surefire 'Gass Pedal' type switches, currently fitted to the EDCL2-T, are compatible with any of the Malkoff MDC heads so that they give two output levels?

Or to reword the question, if I put an MDC E2XT head on my EDCL2-T will I get two levels of output?

I'm trying to find where, but I remember someone trying it, and it does not work. I've tried mine on the EDCL1-T and unfortunately it does not give you a low, full power only.

ilikeguns40

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I'm trying to find where, but I remember someone trying it, and it does not work. I've tried mine on the EDCL1-T and unfortunately it does not give you a low, full power only.
That’s a bummer. I’d love to find a two stage switch that would work for an E series body

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's interesting. I would expect it to work. There has to a be some sort of resister that limits current in the gas pedal switch.
I'm not sure why it wouldn't work?

fulee9999

Enlightened
pretty sure the reason it doesn't work is the same as how Elzetta and Malkoff hi/lo resistors act up or simply do not work in some combinations, the resistance is different. Or even if you think of Elzetta Alpha vs Bravo/Charlie hi/lo tails, they are not interchangeable as well.

ilikeguns40

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Sounds interesting. My money is ready

Hopefully he can utilize some newer LEDs in some MDC heads

fulee9999

Enlightened
Q:
Hi gene anything new coming along ? thanks from London. PayPal Ready.

Gene: Not right this minute. I have been working on a new headlamp design. But if it comes to fruition it’s likely at least 6 months out.

hmm a Malkoff headlamp? yes please! I'm just not sure if he's going in the hound dog super for your head, or something small MDC-ish route, but I'm curious either way

ScottsoSmith

Newly Enlightened
Just received my first ever Malkoff. Wow!!!! I knew they were built well, but that's an understatement once you see them in person.

I am grateful to have joined the club.
MD2.jpg

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Flashaholic dream come true last nite. My kid wrapped up her horse lesson, we untack the horse and take it back out to the field. It was just about dark, one of the trainers car has a dead battery and wouldn't crank. So I pull my jumper cables and my truck light out (M61HOT MD2). I use the light to hook the batteries up, now I admit the M61HOT definitely is not the light of choice for up close work. Her car cranks up. She gets out and about the time a flock of nosiy ducks fly over at about 75-100 feet above us. She says "Those birds fly over every nite, but I don't know what they are."

I lit half of the flock with my M61HOT and say "Those are Black Bellied Whistling Ducks."

It was awesome. :D

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Flashaholic dream come true last nite. My kid wrapped up her horse lesson, we untack the horse and take it back out to the field. It was just about dark, one of the trainers car has a dead battery and wouldn't crank. So I pull my jumper cables and my truck light out (M61HOT MD2). I use the light to hook the batteries up, now I admit the M61HOT definitely is not the light of choice for up close work. Her car cranks up. She gets out and about the time a flock of nosiy ducks fly over at about 75-100 feet above us. She says "Those birds fly over every nite, but I don't know what they are."

I lit half of the flock with my M61HOT and say "Those are Black Bellied Whistling Ducks."

It was awesome. :D
Did y'all "duck" for cover 🙄