The Malkoff Front Porch

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You know I'm thinking this will have the same throw as the new SHO. It's got the same LED, output and reflector. But with a medium and low. Should be awesome

thermal guy

Flashaholic
5700. Im getting used to that and like you i have plenty natural and warm lights. Also the 4000 is not much of a jump in output over the old 361

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So been playing with my new M361V2 for a few hours now. High is exactly the same as the new SHO. The beams look pretty much identical. The low and medium are slightly higher then the standard M361 but not by much. I'm really not seeing much of a difference between the standard 361 and version 2. The tint is definitely different. My standard 361 looks neutral compared to V2.
from what I'm seeing the throw is about the same but spill is a bit brighter on V2. I think being able to run this at different voltages and get the same output is the selling factor here.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya she's a nice drop in but only advantage I see over V1 is the voltage rage. But that a nice plus.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meh. I may just sell that MD2. I like my 4L so much in my old school cool surefire host I just don't need anything else.