The Malkoff Front Porch

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your info is based on what Gene said?

Bill

The webpage has been updated, and an email sent out.
"Today we are featuring our new E2XTL Head. This head was specifically designed to fit the Surefire M600DF Scout Bodies."
Look at the specs; it's nothing new, just a E2XT specifically for Surefire's "dual fuel" weaponlight that fits 18650s.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Duel Fuel on my 16" AR, that replaced my M982/ M91T conversion, so now this will likely replace the head of the Duel Fuel! I'm most interested in what runs longest. I overall really like the DF's beam as standard for anything up close and defensive.

I did a test in the pool with the md3
the depth is one and a half meters (+-)

KgCsP7s.png

no sealing problems
in the next test I will leave the flashlight in the pool for 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSnFoZp5Q-Q

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait to see some lights assembled with the 21700 body. Please post 'em when you've got 'em!

QMT93

Enlightened
Nice! Which ones are the MDX heads? M61, M91, etc.?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first viewed there were 18 MD21700 oin stock. An hour later and I'm on the notification list..

I'd like to see 21700 mounted up.. and digging the switch thumb notch, looks functional

It'd be great to get some runtimes too!:cool:

Last edited:

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
I saw 24 when I got the mail. When I came back home they were sold out :) I guess it's a good thing, since I'm not really a fan of the new body style. It's awesome to see their first 21700 body though!

It now shows 15 in stock again by the way, if anyone is interested.

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it does, it says so in the description: "Hound Dog 18650 Head, Wildcat 18650 Head, MDX Heads and High/Low Switch Ring".

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a surprise the email was.
This is a big deal, not because I care about a 1x21700 body at this point, but what it bodes for the future.
At present, there's not a legitimate or logical reason for this body to exist unless there are higher power dropins and heads in the works designed around single li-ion as a power source.
Right now, for MD bodies, there's M61HOT, M361, HD/WC 18650, and...nothing, because that's it.
The E2XTL was another step, another surprise, toward prioritizing li-ion that may be giving us a glimpse of future plans.
Forget the E2XT part, it's a MDC head for a 18mm body(!).
Now I'm just gonna patiently sit back and watch, and see what kind of announcements show up in my inbox later in the year:santa:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
My hot take.... these very well could be one-off production runs of 50-100 to maybe satisfy the squeaky wheels and also to test the waters. I don't see why they wouldn't say it's a new line if it were. It would be weird to launch a product under the idea of it being limited, when your plans are full production.

I would love to be wrong though! Maybe we will see some SBT-90 Malkoff-ness!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I think the idea of increased runtimes over the 18650 is what this is all about. My18650 HD will now run for way over an hour full power before she steps down. This I think is fantastic news.