The Malkoff Front Porch

thermal guy

Flashaholic
But you guys bring up very good points? For me this is great. Run a 4L for 18-20 days straight or my HD's for well over an hour. Maybe that's all gene was going for. To increase runtimes on his stuff. But also just maybe some real power house battery hog stuff in next on the list. The wait is on😁

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be really down if we got some sort of XHP-50 comparable head now, a single 21700 would run a Super Wildcat, or Hound Dog XXLT SBT 90 quite darn well.... just sayin'.... good point about the runtimes though, damn, 20 days?! I'm going to have to try that!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
A single 21700 would run a hound dog super very well. Your right. Maybe not quite at full power but really good runtimes. 👌

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
For the most part, I feel Malkoff is less about barn burnin' flamethrowers, and more about sustainable output with the exception of the bodyguard stuff which is designed for brief bursts of crazy high output.
Look at all the dropins that say they need to be in a metal head in order to run more than 15 continuous minutes. They say they don't even need a metal body. And yet, when you run an M61 type dropin in a Malkoff host, there is an excellent thermal path from that retaining ring into the body.
I feel this is almost all about endurance rather than maximum output.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Hound Dog Super is what.. 1500 lumens or so?

That exceeds the biggest, baddest Surefire device they made up until recently (Not familiar with their current line-up).

Hound Dog Super is the definition of flamethrower. Only problem is, it's too thirsty, the runtime is even worse than the Hound Dog - it badly needs the 2x21700 body to stay competitive. I wonder what the runtime would be with 3x21700 body. Yeah, I know it's absurd. And I would be back to the same situation I am in now, which is, too long and too huge a body. I run MD4 with extension which brings it to 3x18650.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So 21700 body got here and it's pretty damn neat. It has a lip towards the front in the ID so battery must be loaded from the back. Right now I have a unprotected cell in it and fits just fine. No spacer needed.
BABDF23F-8CAD-4AEF-AE94-DB4BEFEDA09C.jpeg

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like this body; I have it attached to an M61 HOT head. I was hoping the Prometheus clip for the MD2 would somehow fit, but it does not. While I didn't like the looks of the Hound Dog Head in the smaller 18650 body, I think it looks real good (read - more proportionate) with the 21700 body.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
I really like this body; I have it attached to an M61 HOT head. I was hoping the Prometheus clip for the MD2 would somehow fit, but it does not. While I didn't like the looks of the Hound Dog Head in the smaller 18650 body, I think it looks real good (read - more proportionate) with the 21700 body.
That was my plan for it as well. A 21700 HOT sounds like the perfect combo to me.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like how that body looks with the HD head. Much more proportionate.
Does the regular MD2 tail cap work with the body? I assume not but I'm curious.

Latest posts