The Malkoff Front Porch

daffy

Enlightened
OK Thermal but just for you.....

Devastating = Devastator = M4 Devastator = MD4 21700 - that was my logic late last night with some whiskey at least.

21700 MD4 is in the works! It's a ways out yet (no definitive timeline) but it's going to happen. So no worrying about having to trouble Make Martin D White with such a task ;)

I didn't think to ask about other heads or such, he keeps those pretty close to the chest anyways. How is everyone liking their 21700 bodies? IDK about that daffy... but I will put that in the line up for sure, realistically just the right small hit or little knock can kill ANY electronic device, no matter how durable it is designed. Another supporting argument for the Chaos Theory...

I want to put the extreme heights and bangs last. Just to make sure i get more realistic tests in first. I think a couple dozen drops from 3-9 feet are definitely in order up front though.
You have SLN 11 I have #12

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I want another to put an M361 into! But I guess now we have the 21700 bodies, and you can H/L those bad boys.....
The M361 on a 21700 would be a fantastic combination! It's designed for a single lithium ion in the first place. Runtimes would be huge. I have never got the hi/lo ring to work with any of my 361's. They work every time with my elzetta's hi/lo tails's But not in my Malkoff's.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M361 on a 21700 would be a fantastic combination! It's designed for a single lithium ion in the first place. Runtimes would be huge. I have never got the hi/lo ring to work with any of my 361's. They work every time with my elzetta's hi/lo tails's But not in my Malkoff's.
I'm wondering with the higher capacity /Mah of the 21700's it may work. I had mine with 3x123 and luckily it didn't go poof before I realized it wasn't rated for that voltage.

Last edited:

QMT93

Enlightened
What I hope for:
_ 21700, and 21700x2 (if applicable) bodies for all heads.
_ A 21700 version of the M61HOT, with 50,000 candela, and 1,000 lumens.
_ The M61HOT I lost this morning. It hurts.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
What I hope for:
_ 21700, and 21700x2 (if applicable) bodies for all heads.
_ A 21700 version of the M61HOT, with 50,000 candela, and 1,000 lumens.
_ The M61HOT I lost this morning. It hurts.
The 21700 body will fit any MDX head.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I don't think a 21700 will make your M61 brighter then a18650. Same voltage. Running it off of 2X123's will.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its carzy. With the 21700 the light is hardly any bigger then with a MD2. The way gene did the tailcap to keep length down is great. Is this the shortest 21700 with mecha tail switch there is? like 134mm total. 4mm more then MD2. Then again I guess the 21700 is only 5mm longer.

Last edited:
Hey guys.

I made a video showing and explaining step by step how to convert a 2D maglite to use one or two 26650 batteries together with dropin malkoff for maglite.

GfsCZoB.jpg

The video is unfortunately in Portuguese, sorry, but I believe the images speak for themselves.

Items used:
- a classic model 2D maglite flashlight, incandescent (serial starting with D);
- a dropin malkoff 3D to 6D
- two adapters from Advanced Sport Flashlighs, one for 1x 26650 and one for 2x 26650.

I particularly loved the final result.

I would like to invite friends dotCPF and nimdabew to check out the possibility of organizing a neutral/warm dropin buying group for maglite.

I think this is something very interesting for us who appreciate malkoff products.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a lot more meaningful.
Interesting. So 21mm is definitely larger and longer but not prohibitively so.

Is there anyway you can include some background to the photo as well, when you get a chance, and have them standing. Kind of like one of my Malkoff family photos.

GAsrFWV.jpg

Meaning don't crop it so much. It's not essential, just a nicer pic.
I want to get the 2x21mm body when it comes out.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
Is there anyway you can include some background to the photo as well, when you get a chance, and have them standing. Kind of like one of my Malkoff family photos.

I just took some quick pictures when I got home from work. Hopefully this will help a little bit.

xA6AcX3l.jpg

Here's a shot with some of my others (md4 on the hound dog), along with a 21700 and 18650. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how insignificant the size difference is while jumping from 3500mAh to 5000mAh. It has a lot to do with the tail cap.

eUQ1zawl.jpg

sWgOMxIl.jpg

Also, I noticed you cannot load the battery by removing the head. There is a lip milled so that the battery can only be loaded from the tailcap and then the tailcap screws in to secure the battery. The interesting thing about this is you can load the battery into the body without the head and it will not fall out.

afJhgHzl.jpg

n7LdpD2l.jpg

Not sure if that would be useful to someone or not, so I figured I'd show it. Sorry for the quick shots. I can take better pictures/comparisons of anything anyone wants to see when I have more time.