The Malkoff Front Porch

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My tricap wobbles upon tailstanding.
Mine wobbles if you bump it or something but it's much better than the regular tailcap.
Mine only wobbles with the light off. When it's on, i guess the boot is out of the way.
Odd. None of my Malkoff tailcaps wobble, including the tricaps.

However, I ensure that I pinch the excess air out of the boot any time I break the body seal to swap heads, replace cells, etc.

timbo114

Enlightened
Odd. None of my Malkoff tailcaps wobble, including the tricaps.

However, I ensure that I pinch the excess air out of the boot any time I break the body seal to swap heads, replace cells, etc.
The boot on my tricap is rather proud from the crenellations ... by almost 1/16" which explains the wobble.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
My lone Tri-Cap doesn't wobble either, even mounted on my 18650 Hound Dog. Tail stands like a champ.

Trout River

Newly Enlightened
All of mine tailstand perfect. Mine are only proud to be American.
20220523_230930.jpg

Mgizler

Enlightened
I picked up an MD2 off bladeforums today! I cannot wait to get it. My only Malkoff light has been an MDC 1aa. I loved the mdc but always wanted to try the md2. I am very excited. Does anyone have any size comparison shots of the md2 next to the MDC?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I carry a MD3 on my belt but ya the MD2 would work in your pocket. It's actually quite a bit bigger then a mdc.

ledbetter

Enlightened
Thank you for the picture! There is not that much different in size. Or at least it doesn't seem like it. Does it still make a good light to EDC in the pocket? I'm very excited to get it.
MD2 is over 180g, MDC 123 is under 80 with batteries. It really depends on your pockets, what you're willing to carry, run times, etc.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
MD2 is not bad carrying clipped to your pocket, but the md3 is only a little bigger to carry with much better performance. Can't go wrong either way.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the picture! There is not that much different in size. Or at least it doesn't seem like it. Does it still make a good light to EDC in the pocket? I'm very excited to get it.
I added a clip to my MD2 and carried it clipped to my LFP for a few weeks, and I eventually found it a bit too bulky for that. I tried the MDC with the 16650 tube, which has a narrower body and head, weighs less, and carries deeper (such a great clip!), and that's perfect for me.

My MD2 is now an 18650 Hound Dog.