The Malkoff Front Porch

Bluewave71

Newly Enlightened
For the 2 x 21700 we are are actually looking to produce an extender to to make the existing 21700 body into 2 x 21700. Because of the length, producing a straight up 2 x 21700 would require a large equipment investment in tools.
Any idea when it will be available?

Mike G

Newly Enlightened
Gene,

Hate to play 20 questions, but any chance of support for 3+ li-ion cells and a high/low ring (or similar, maybe even QTC, if you're feeling adventurous) for converted Maglites? Brightness control and 3x26650 (maybe even 4x26650) in a Malklite would be pure bliss for me. I don't think anyone makes anything like that currently. Even the (scarce) 2x26650 lights (like, say, the Convoy L6, which is looking very tempting) can't swap to D's in a pinch.

An endcap that can hold a spare emitter would be pretty cool, too... mount an M61 or M91 up front, keep an M91T in the cap for when you wish you brought a different light.

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the 2 x 21700 we are are actually looking to produce an extender to to make the existing 21700 body into 2 x 21700. Because of the length, producing a straight up 2 x 21700 would require a large equipment investment in tools.

An extender is the way to go.
Then I can do 3x21700.
@knucklegary will just use Marine-Tex to epoxy his together for a permanent hard used bond

The head torch sounds awesome.
I'll get 2 for sure

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Really exciting to hear about the 18650 Hand held Body that is threaded for the E2XTL. The current adapter seems problematic and I couldn't decide on Malkoff 16650 body or a different maker 18650 body to avoid it. This makes it easy to stay full Malkoff with an 18650 = ). And the head torch……anyone think right angle light comes with it?! I doubt it, just having some fun imagining. Some of the surgical light head bands I looked up to see the ratchet feature had a small right angle light upside down on the band.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of those lights with the upside down torch go for $5000+. FDA approvals are brutal.

My wife uses head torches that move up and down. I want two of yours because she said her hospital has a limited supply and she often doesn't have one. She says she can bring her own head lamp to work because it doesn't come in contact.

She uses various lights I put together for in-office procedures because she never knows what a procedure room will have.

HermodsRide

Newly Enlightened
Ok friends I need some guidance here. I scored a surefire 6P and of course I need to throw a malkoff lamp in it. Looking at the the m61W as I have lamps in the other tints. Which one does everyone recommend? W? WL? WLL?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Anyone still use the older M60F?
for some reason I never really played with them much but the last few weeks I have been trying them out and using them pretty much every night. Turns out they are pretty damn useful. In my elzetta's with the hi/lo tails low is great for trips to the bathroom and hi is alot brighter than I remember. they are pretty much ideal when you don't need throw but a nice wide beam.

Latest posts