The Malkoff Front Porch

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Lmao. Ya I guess you could 😂
Now I ran this off a 18650"3500 mah" on low for 10 days! I'm thinking with a 21700 it would go for 2.5-3 month?!!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lmao. Ya I guess you could 😂
Now I ran this off a 18650"3500 mah" on low for 10 days! I'm thinking with a 21700 it would go for 2.5-3 month?!!
IN THE END... THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE FLASHLIGHT!
Screenshot_20230324-110656.png

Bluewave71

Newly Enlightened
Whats everyone's opinion on the wildcat XP-L with MD4 body? I'm in search for new light for duty use and would like something more full size.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's fantastic. One of my favorites.if you use the diffuser film that it comes with you have very bright extremely floody short range light. If you take off that film you have a long range thrower with a huge hotspot. That's how I run mine and it's the best light I have for open fields or woods.

Bluewave71

Newly Enlightened
It's fantastic. One of my favorites.if you use the diffuser film that it comes with you have very bright extremely floody short range light. If you take off that film you have a long range thrower with a huge hotspot. That's how I run mine and it's the best light I have for open fields or woods.
Thanks for response. What light is it comparable to size wise?

crushin

Newly Enlightened
Anyone still use the older M60F?
for some reason I never really played with them much but the last few weeks I have been trying them out and using them pretty much every night. Turns out they are pretty damn useful. In my elzetta's with the hi/lo tails low is great for trips to the bathroom and hi is alot brighter than I remember. they are pretty much ideal when you don't need throw but a nice wide beam.

I just received a M60f in a Bravo from another member here and I agree with you. It's a nice tint and beam for around the house. I'm actually thinking about putting it in my car with extra CR123 batteries instead. I really like the older Elzetta's that take the P60 drop in. Any idea on the voltage range? I presume it's 3v - 9v, but I'm not certain of it.

elzilcho

Enlightened
Does anyone have any thoughts on when Gene might switch away from the SST-20 emitter in the MDC to something else? On paper it seems like a great light but the sickly yellow tint on the cool white version is just...gah. I know he isn't one to adopt the latest, newest thing.

Gene43

Enlightened
We have found SST-20 to have the tightest binning without having to search out individual tints. We currently use the 5700K for our cool white. It is ordered in the tightest commonly available group of 4 (tints). We could go with 6000K or higher to achieve a whiter output. However, then we start getting asked about when we are going to move away from those blue tinted LEDs.

elzilcho

Enlightened
Ha! I totally get your strategy and can imagine how much guff you get with some of the higher-temp options. My brain picks up on yellow and green like they're the only things in the room, so I kind of miss the old blue-ish emitters. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.

Thank you for responding, Gene. The 4000K version is very pleasing and mine has seen daily use (literally every day) since it arrived in 2020. If only every tool was as reliable as a Malkoff.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to change when products always sell out. lol

When hosts sit too long they can become Malkoff Small-Batch Customs fitted with Andy Zhu reflowed 519a LEDs.
That'll sell out in minutes.

I will say one great thing about the SST-20 is the bean profile is very nice.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had a new flashlight in a while, so I picked up a 1cr123 MDC. Also included the 2AA battery tube and switch. Excited! I may grab one or two more things soon. I've been singularly obsessed with pocket knives for so long that I've forgotten the joy of a new malkoff.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Malkoff MD2 and 18650 Wildcat. I am wondering if I should have went with a Wildcat XPL and MD3 body, for more options down the road. Does anyone know how the Wildcat XPL head performs on a single 18650?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have used a single 18650 in my XPL and it's damn bright. Not sure about runtimes or anything but it does work. I can take a picture of it tonight but might be to late for you. Don't forget you get full output from the XPL for much longer

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the XPL might be the better choice, if I want the option be able to run it on a MD3 or MD2 body. On 2 x 18500, I'm guessing to runtime wouldn't be great.

Latest posts