The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

CHNeal

Enlightened
I ran the M91T H/L on a MD2 with 18650 last night to take my Mrs. out to dinner and a ballgame and I think it did well. It is not as awesome as on the MD3 body and its not as bright as the M61HOT was but it still had a very useable low. I think this will work for the times I just don't want a MD3 in my pocket.
Thanks @thermal guy for the suggestion.

evg12

Newly Enlightened
I just got into Malkoff lights and did a lot of research/reading on the drop-ins and just ordered an M61NLL (already own an M91T and a Bodyguard v2).

I would be interested in the (N)LLLL also - sounds like the perfect drop-in for emergency lights and possibly general utility around the house.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a group-buy in the works?
How often do group-buys occur?
Typically there would be some conversation or wishing there would be "X" drop in. If there are enough people that comment on this someone would start an interest thread. Gene usually requires at least 20 of a drop in before a special run and someone here would need to coordinate the group buy. You can look at some of the group buy threads to get an idea of how these are run.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an amber, or low dim super-warm.
Red doesn't seem like my flavor, but I would go along with red.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'd love another flood version offering from malkoff in M61 or M91. If he can do it.

michaex

Enlightened
How about a single level 0.8 - 2V 1AA neutral 95 CRI drop-in?

And/or 3V version in neutral as well?

Or is it just me? :D

ledbetter

Enlightened
How about a single level 0.8 - 2V 1AA neutral 95 CRI drop-in?

And/or 3V version in neutral as well?

Or is it just me? :D
M31w will work and puts out a little under 100lumens with a single aa. But I always wished there was a bigger selection of M31 tints and levels, like the M61 modules, but there probably isn't the demand. Illumin sometimes has different M31 modules with 219b emitters but you have to be patient.

michaex

Enlightened
M31w will work and puts out a little under 100lumens with a single aa. But I always wish there was a bigger selection of M31 tints and levels, like the M61 modules but there probably isn't the demand. Illumin sometimes has different M31 modules with 219b emitters but you have to be patient.
It won't run in regulation, will it? That's what I'm after - regulation is what got me into lights in the first place. I will even sacrifice 3V range for a single AA to run in regulation, as drivers covering both voltages seem to be in short supply.

Thank you for the hint though, I'll keep it in mind! Unless there will be enough crazy people interested to get some short run done ;)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Don't think the V6 will ever be offered again. Gene had a few reasons to drop it but it is fantastic!

CHNeal

Enlightened
I would be interested in the 5000K M91BN. I just had Robyn at Peak do a run of 5000K Eigers for me and I'm a fan!

Latest posts