The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
Just dropping in to express interest in warm or neutral tint M31s. Either an M31NLL or WLL, or even an M331W. I have a nice Peli M3 coming in the mail and would love to have a nice high CRI, long run time 2xAA setup. Would be a nice light for my emergency kit with a stash of eneloops or lithium AAs.

Exactly. I often find even one lumen to be too much light when I'm dark adapted, so 15 is more than enough to get me home in a pinch or to illuminate some low light task. Add to that a lovely tint and beam profile and an insanely long runtime on a variety of battery combinations and you have quite the tool.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
re a 4500k 9080 drop in GB ;

Hello Darryl, This would probably be something best done through Illumn.com.
With a group buy, the group would need to provide the LEDs and would need to be a minimum of 25 ordered.Thanks, Gene

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
re a 4500k 9080 drop in GB ;

Hello Darryl, This would probably be something best done through Illumn.com  With a group buy, the group would need to provide the LEDs and would need to be a minimum of 25 ordered.Thanks, Gene

I have a feeling that most of the people doing group buys are wanting something weird like 1825K or 3475K.
4500K is way too shivering cold for them. They would need a hot honey latte to warm them up if they fired a 4500K.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a feeling that most of the people doing group buys are wanting something weird like 1825K or 3475K.
4500K is way too shivering cold for them. They would need a hot honey latte to warm them up if they fired a 4500K.
LOL!, now that could be true. I will change it to 1825k!...
4500k in an M61 would be very nice.
E21A 6500k HCRI too maybe.
Freezing Cold Temps these!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sooooo the thing about 4000K/ 4500K 219b is that that is generally reserved only for Illumn. I would recommend sending them an email personally and see what they say. Last I heard, there were plans for a v3/ v4 from them, but then COVID/ supply chain shizz happened and here we are.

The 3000K~~~ were fine because they were outside what Illumn and Gene privately worked out. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, however having conversed privately with both parties myself, I decided to forfeit the venture entirely and will be refraining from that specific LED/ Malkoff setup until they have more clearly told me how that story is looking to end.

That being said, a "High Noon" M91B and perhaps MDC (likely with samsung LH351D) , as well as the Amber M61 are in the near future. Sounds like we need another 4L added to that short list.

The requirements you would need to confirm with Gene personally, typically it includes a minimum of 20/25 orders, you must supply LEDs outside of normal stock if necessary (and extras, generally I do 5-10 extras depending on scale of project)

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
That being said, a "High Noon" M91B and perhaps MDC (likely with samsung LH351D) , as well as the Amber M61 are in the near future. Sounds like we need another 4L added to that short list.

The multi-mode MDC is just so hard to beat for my uses.
The beam profile is nice, and I like the simple functionality.
I don't have to use it all the time to remember how to use it.

elzilcho

Enlightened
High Noon MDC? Put me down for at least 2 of those (as long as they're 3V). I'd prefer the HCRI 3 o'clock 5000K version but either is absolutely top of my list. I would pre-pay for a couple spots in that GB right now. Take my money.