THE OFFICAL 2005 SHOT SHOW DAILY REPORT

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the Shot Show just 24 hours away... this new thread will contain all the information needed by attendees as to what's happening.

I will be closing all other threads relaated to the Shot Show so that everything can be found in one place

The record shows that at least 9 CPF members are in Las Vegas sometime today, Thursday; 34 more CPF on Friday....

aedavis*.......... jimh.............robstarl-lite
airsoft*.......... jlfletc..........rothrandir
ARC Flashlight.... Jolly Roger......Rycen
atomic 6..........jsb*.............Sasha
BobVA............ legolloyd*.......sithjedi333
briteguy.......... lightemup........Size 15s
Brock............. luxlover..... ...Steve@Springboard*
DaGunn............ mattheww50.......TCG
daloosh........... mcgizmo*.........TimB
dano.............. mr mom...........Turd Ferguson
Darell............ mrbulk* .........tvodrd
dat2zip........... MrTedBear .......unforgiven*
flashlightlens.com* Okie Chick.......v8toytruck
Glow Bug.......... otokoyama*.......vik
hds*.............. PJ ..............Wingerr
HiXXy............. .................Yasemofo
....................................xpitxbullx*

Greta

Flashaholic
From the thread I posted (and Jeff locked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif ) regarding the CPF get-together...

[ QUOTE ]
Ok... what you've all been waiting for! Info on the CPF get-together party!!

First... as you all know, the party is being sponsored by Paul Kim aka PK. A HUGE thank you goes out to Paul for his generosity and never-ending support of CPF.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Although this party will be sponsored by PK and there will be Surefire people there, please note that this will not be a "Surefire party". There will not be Surefire items on display or for sale and it will not be a party promoting Surefire products. This will be strictly a party for CPF'ers to get together to meet each other and talk about our very unique, common affliction. Likewise, it will also not be a party to promote or sell any other products either. It's just a party... to have a few drinks, some yummy eats and hopefully lots of laughs and fun.

The party is going to be held in PK's hotel room. Information on the location will be available from Jeff (MrTedBear), me and a few others. Basically, just ask whoever you run into at the SHOT Show on Saturday. Please do not go to the Surefire booth and ask Surefire employees for party information... however, you're likely to find a bunch of CPF'ers there and I'm sure they will be more than happy to provide you with the necessary info. The party will be from 6:30PM on Saturday, 1/29/05 until 11PM. Yes, unfortunately we're going to have to set a curfew... ... this is because PK has a very tight and busy schedule that weekend and does need to get some sleep so he can be up and at 'em again early Sunday morning. I, for one, am just very grateful that he has worked us into his schedule... but then PK is one of us too... a CPF'er and a flashaholic... and I know that he is just as excited about this as we all are. Also, the occupancy of PK's room while considerable, is still limited. So let's keep attendance to CPF'ers only so that all can attend. No children please.

One more thing to note about the party... there will be smoking. And as this is a hotel room in Las Vegas, the windows don't open in the rooms.

So bring your favorite lights and torches... and get ready for the CPF get-together of 2005! It really is going to be a great time! And again... thanks to PK for putting this all together for us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I'm leaving Vancouver in about 4 hours, and my destination: the Bright Light City! I'm hoping Jeff will be in place for me to call? I haven't had much internet access at all in the last week, so hopefully i'm not too behind with whats going on?

I'm getting just a teenie bit excited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Jeff,

Glad your health is on the mend! See you and others tomorrow if I make my flight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (must get sh$t together....)

L

LITEmania

Wish somebody bring his/her laptop having an web-cam with wireless internet to the party. And make a candid camera vedio ?

Have a good party there !

Darell

Flashaholic
Man... I only know about 1/4 of these folks! Everybody needs nametags! Any other women besides our token.... errr... LOVELY Sasha?

PJ

Enlightened
Is there any new information on the location and time of the Superlight show on Friday?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJ

i am inroute to Lv, will check locations tonight. I will be leaving the show around 4:30 tommorrow, have an early diner to miss the crowds, and then the shot out around 7:30.

if sasha can make it there 9pm then i"ll wait for her and kc

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I am AT the Show! Well not really, I am in LV proper and am comfortably holed up and spread out and have car, have eaten, and have made phone contact w/Jeff today, who will recontact me this afternoon when he arrives and we will hook up for dinner early tonight - anybody else who's in for this, please sound off here and/or get in touch w/Jeff. I had a couple of phone numbers but they were to people's home phones, etc. (hurriedly sent to me as I was practically heading out the door to the airport), so anyone who was supposed to have called me since Jeff would not have been here need fear not, for he shall arrive soon (in about an hour now). Hope y'all like all-you-can-eat sushi (or Outback as first back-up restaurant if we can't find Makino's)...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'm leaving for st joseph early tomorrow morning, and will be catching a plane with unforgiven at 3:30.

jeff, would it be possible to pm me your contact information, in case we need to get hold of you?
or anyone else for that matter, with so many people coming it might be a good idea for some of us to be able to contact each other to figure things out.

btw, what do the *'s denote?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Okay Jeff asked me to post this as he is still on the road, but we will meet at Makino's this evening at the Alladin on the Strip at 7 p.m., valet parking is on Harmon and the Makino's entry is right next the valet booth. It is all-you-eat Japanese food and for all you sushi lovers they DO indeed have "uni"...woo hoo!

*EDIT* Correction - the place is called TORAI (pronounced "TOE-DIE") - same owner, same food, just different "branch" name.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BTW you don't have a U2? Don't have an M6? Don't have a Beast???

Then make sure you attend the CPF Get-Together hosted by PK this Saturday night, and after all the door prize drawings every half hour are done - you probably Still won't have one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Just kidding, I have no idea what's in store for the CPF attendees... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
OOPS! Correction - the place is called TORAI (pronounced "TOE-DIE") - same owner, same food, just different "branch" name.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Wish I was there but Noooo im still in Arkansas maybe a life sentence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Jeff... I really don't know what time we're going to get there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ... The plan is to leave here by 4PM (3PM Vegas) at the latest. But of course, that is contigent upon KC being able to duck out of work and if we can get everything thrown in the Murano and stop at the coffee shop etc etc. It will take us a short 3 hours to get there. I would say to go ahead and make your plans without us... unfortunately... I don't want you all to be waiting on us and we get hung up. But I do thank you for the consideration... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon11.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
heading to bed now, probably the last time i'll be here until i get back.

between the 5 hour drive and the 2 hour plane trip, i'll hopefully be able to catch a few hours of shleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, hope you have lots of fun and bring back lots of photos pls!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just found out yesterday that there is 1 person from Malaysia that will be there just for SS, his name is Kelvin, and he's actually a SF dealer (Tropical Equipment Malaysia) for the Malaysian market. Of course he knows about CPF, and I told him to look out for you guys... if you happen to bump into him, tell him I said hi and pls take good care of him too! Thanks guys... Enjoy yourselves!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
Probably my last check in before I leave for the airport. See you in Vegas!

[/ QUOTE ]
See you there Brock! The next time we talk may very well be in your hotel room. Have a good trip. This is the last from me from home too. Time for some beauty rest.