The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

Mister Ed

Administrator
Staff member
You will get more heat out of a jalapeño but I love hatch peppers so you can't go wrong there! Avocado is always good and it will make the verde a little creamy! If you are going to be making a small batch and eating it right away I love mixing my salsas in melted goat cheese for a little snap of saltiness without adding straight salt. Try it one time. Also takes a little heat out of my hotter salsas.
Any salsa recipes you can share?

GoVegan

Enlightened
I love hot sauce too (although not too hot). Actually hot sauce is pretty hard to come by in Japan. Although regular Tabasco (red) and also the milder green one can be purchased in any supermarket and from Japanese online stores too.

I normally add the red one to dishes like these:

Recently I've started to find a Siracha sauce (a hot and sweet sauce) which is very good too.

[Damn, tried to fix the images so that all the text would't show, but it seems the whole IG posts get embedded. :(]

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully this panorama shows up. 🙂

as far as tomato type salsa recipes, I really don't have any that are different from what you can find on the internet. I've never made any good enough that made me say "wow, I'll never buy salsa again"

Attachments

• 201D9110-9C8D-4016-8D54-D6A5FB50C36E.jpeg
    201D9110-9C8D-4016-8D54-D6A5FB50C36E.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 113

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Ordered up the ingredients for a new batch of my TexMex blend~

I use:

Ground Arbol chili
Ground Chipotle chili
Dark chili powder
Cumin
Chili flakes
Powdered garlic
Smoked paprika
Kosher salt
a secret ingredient~~~~~

The percentages determined by taste.
You ask, how is this hot sauce,?,, well if you would add some vegetable stock, bit of pureed fresh tomato & a dash of vinegar = a sauce will appear magically!

Last year I gave some to a friend of mine,, he said he made some truly award winning chili,
.. thought to myself "I'll take that as a compliment" lolol

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know Puckerbutt pepper company does a Halloween box with random sauces/snacks/others and they are now live. If you want to introduce yourself to hot sauce or just grab something random it's a great inexpensive way to do it. I got an amazingly good honey mustard last year and a few mild/hot/super hot sauces. It's a good deal for what you get or at least mine was. Check them out. I'm not affiliated with them in any way except that I've conversed with the owner on a few occasions and he is super helpful. Take care!

chaoss

Enlightened
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know Puckerbutt pepper company does a Halloween box with random sauces/snacks/others and they are now live. If you want to introduce yourself to hot sauce or just grab something random it's a great inexpensive way to do it. I got an amazingly good honey mustard last year and a few mild/hot/super hot sauces. It's a good deal for what you get or at least mine was. Check them out. I'm not affiliated with them in any way except that I've conversed with the owner on a few occasions and he is super helpful. Take care!
LOL, with an name like "Puckerbutt" i'm all in!
Will check them out.
What hot-super hot sauces should i be looking for?

Edited to add, just checked them out.
That Extra Mean Green sauce looks very appealing.
The Paytons Hot Strawberry sounds like a great combination, yum.
Prices seem very reasonable.
Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, with an name like "Puckerbutt" i'm all in!
Will check them out.
What hot-super hot sauces should i be looking for?

Edited to add, just checked them out.
That Extra Mean Green sauce looks very appealing.
The Paytons Hot Strawberry sounds like a great combination, yum.
Prices seem very reasonable.
Thanks for the info.
If you get time look up smokin Ed currys videos on YouTube. He's a nut

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got this sauce at Marshall's. It made excellent spaghetti sauce. No real heat but it had a unique flavor. There aren't very many Italian sauces out there so figured I'd give it a shot. If you want something to throw in sauce or gravy it's pretty good. Tried it on pizza as well. Not that great as a stand alone IMO. Better mixed. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. My job moved out of state and I didn't go with it. 4 years down the drain…..again. I'll keep posting as I can. I have a new extra hot sauce from Elijah extreme that some people may be interested in. Update soon

Attachments

• 4D847B5B-BCAA-4A67-BED1-9C80E2B50C3C.jpeg
    4D847B5B-BCAA-4A67-BED1-9C80E2B50C3C.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 64

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

bigburly, would you give a Top 5 Best Hot Sauces based on flavor.
(heat is good, flavor is key)

..you being the resident hot sauce guy ;)

thanks~