The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
16727900.png

the grey part around the LED dome definitely shows the XM-L2 emitter:

68283164.png

Why can't Zebralight implement XM-L2 in their SC52 and SC600 MkII flashlights? ;)

Last edited:

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
WTF!!!!!!??? Unbelievable! I just bought the new MKII to replace my current G25C2! Im a victim of the capitalism! Im selling my old G25C2.... Dont tell me the SC52 is coming with XM-L2! Haha I just putted my hands on it. Omg... Seems like 300 lumens from the first G25C2 is a huge difference.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac's customer service has been marginally responsive to my pre-flash issue. I sent them a video link on 5 days ago and she said she would show it to her engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZF6HxFPK0E

My MX25L2 has it on all modes. It's normal for their driver. Actually the camera exacerbates it in this video because most digital cameras will level the exposure up once there's no illumination in the scene, then level it down once the light appears making the pre-flash seem much brighter.

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
My MX25L2 has it on all modes. It's normal for their driver. Actually the camera exacerbates it in this video because most digital cameras will level the exposure up once there's no illumination in the scene, then level it down once the light appears making the pre-flash seem much brighter.

I took the video with the camera in manual mode to ensure that it would accurately represent the issue. My eyes see exactly what's shown in the video.

BagmanOz

Newly Enlightened
My G25C2 MkII has a much more mild pre-flash than your vidoe shows and it is only visible on the lowest mode. Not really a big concern for me.
This is one of my favourite lights, great throw and usable spill for such a small package.

Isaiah6113

Newly Enlightened
OT slightly, but my Eagletac P20A2 MKII XP-G2 has preflash in Med. Christine at Eagletac mentioned it to the engineers, they checked their stock and all exhibited preflash. Not a huge deal, but I don't like it.

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the responses guys, it gives me a much better understanding of how common the pre-flash issue really is with EagleTac. I doubt they'll fix it, but I have to try because I'm (clearly) one of those people who are bothered by it. The flashlight is still a fantastic light even with this minor flaw.

My son just bought a Sunwayman V11r, and when you activate it at any level below max the LED ramps up very quickly (anti-pre-flash?). What a cool feature.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Mine also has it. It bothers me a little when i turn it on low specially to avoid my eyes getting hurt. But i can live with it. Hehe

Dubois

Enlightened
EagleTac's customer service has been marginally responsive to my pre-flash issue. I sent them a video link on 5 days ago and she said she would show it to her engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZF6HxFPK0E

I wouldn't hold your breath if you expect anything to change; I reported a couple of months ago about the preflash on my D25A Clicky Ti (2013 edition) using eneloops when it arrived. I was told "a ticket" had been raised with their engineers. I get round it by using 14500's, but it is irritating.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys...i dont know if you are interested but i took some shots comparing the G25C2 MKII with the Fenix TK22 , here is the link....I have also the g25c2 first version....if you guys want me to take some shots comparing the first and MKII....Ill do it :)
cheers

Last edited:

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac watched the video and said they would send me a new head that does not have the pre-flash problem. Should have it in 2-3 weeks....stay tuned.

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys...i dont know if you are interested but i took some shots comparing the G25C2 MKII with the Fenix TK22 , here is the link....I have also the g25c2 first version....if you guys want me to take some shots comparing the first and MKII....Ill do it :)
cheers

Wow, quite a difference. Thanks for sharing!

endoracing

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the latest 1180 Lumen version of this light is available? I almost placed an order on longhorn tactical then realized that although the spec says 1180, the title only states 1030 and no one else has any that say 1180.

Also, is it worth waiting to find the 1180 version? The 1030 is 109 right now, will the 1180 version be more? If so I'll just get the 1030.

I'm also a bit confused because some listings say xm-l and some say xm-l2 but both list 1030 Lumens. Am I losing my mind or are some of these listed wrong?

Thanks in advance.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the latest 1180 Lumen version of this light is available? I almost placed an order on longhorn tactical then realized that although the spec says 1180, the title only states 1030 and no one else has any that say 1180.

Also, is it worth waiting to find the 1180 version? The 1030 is 109 right now, will the 1180 version be more? If so I'll just get the 1030.

I'm also a bit confused because some listings say xm-l and some say xm-l2 but both list 1030 Lumens. Am I losing my mind or are some of these listed wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Your confusion is justified. There have been several revisions of this model.
It appears that LightJunction has received a shipment of all XML2 Eagletacs in stock.
They have a 15% off Easter code on their front page.
If you want a different vendor they will get them in stock soon too.
The G25C2 MKII XM-L2 U2 is 980 ANSI lumens.
Selfbuilt will post a review soon.

http://www.lightjunction.com/EagleT...hlight.html?:0772e60e33e0f3b636046faeb4077049

endoracing

Newly Enlightened
Excellent, thank you for the information. I had ordered it off amazon figuring 1030 and 1180 isn't that much of a difference but after reading your response I canceled it and reordered through light junction for less money with the higher lumen model.

Thanks again!

LuxClark

Newly Enlightened
Excellent, thank you for the information. I had ordered it off amazon figuring 1030 and 1180 isn't that much of a difference but after reading your response I canceled it and reordered through light junction for less money with the higher lumen model.

Thanks again!

I was a little torn when I read all this. I've only recently discovered this site and have been looking into getting a light. It's been head-spinning trying to figure it all out and finally settled on this light as my first purchase. I ended up ordering the Neutral light and with the full kit (extenders, flip cover, & lens). Turns out I ordered the slightly older version.

So I figure maybe I'll have less lumens than I could have (1030 + neutral)... but I picked this light over others for the full package of what it has. So I don't think I can be dissappointed in the end!

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am 68 years old and have used flashlights for the last 48 years and up until recently the standard flashlight for me would have been a Surefire 6P.

Today my concept of a flashlight is the Eagletac G25C2 in any version. I have 6 of these lights scattered about.

In terms of all design and usefulness this light has become what I would name a 'Standard Flashlight'.

This is a prejudice based on my use of this light daily for over a year as a standard flash light. While other lights may be smaller, such as the Eagletac D25LC2, the G25C2 this size can handle the long term heat when used at high output.

There may be other brands that can match the G25C2 there is no other light I know about with all the options of this light. :thumbsup: