The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

Dukat

Newly Enlightened
Your confusion is justified. There have been several revisions of this model. It appears that LightJunction has received a shipment of all XML2 Eagletacs in stock.They have a 15% off Easter code on their front page.If you want a different vendor they will get them in stock soon too.The G25C2 MKII XM-L2 U2 is 980 ANSI lumens.Selfbuilt will post a review soon.http://www.lightjunction.com/EagleT...hlight.html?:0772e60e33e0f3b636046faeb4077049

Lightjunction still lists the neutral G25C2 MKII with the old emitter. Does anyone know a merchant that is definitely shipping with the XM-L2 T6 (New neutral emitter)?

I've never had a neutral light. Is neutral that much better at seeing true colors?

kriptikracing

Newly Enlightened
Need a recommendation...I'm looing for a belt holster that I can just slide the G25C2 in without messing with a flap. The holster that came with the light has a lot of extra room...making it bigger than needed. Let me know, thanks!

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need a recommendation...I'm looing for a belt holster that I can just slide the G25C2 in without messing with a flap. The holster that came with the light has a lot of extra room...making it bigger than needed. Let me know, thanks!

If you remove the clip and 'Thumb Support and replace it with the rubber replacement ring which I have done on all my G25C2's the Surefire V70 Polymer Speed Holster fits and is the most compact I have found. :thumbsup:

kriptikracing

Newly Enlightened
If you remove the clip and 'Thumb Support and replace it with the rubber replacement ring which I have done on all my G25C2's the Surefire V70 Polymer Speed Holster fits and is the most compact I have found. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply! by any chance, do you have a picture with the G25C2 holstered in it? I'm having a hard time picturing what it would look like.

V70_xlarge_222.png

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply! by any chance, do you have a picture with the G25C2 holstered in it? I'm having a hard time picturing what it would look like.

V70_xlarge_222.png

I am 68 years old and do not use a smart phone or digital camera but the light fits head up and with the 'Positive' symbol on the indedent of the body peaking over the upper portion of the top of the Surefire V70.

The light is very secure and the adjustable belt width of the Surefire V70 makes this an excellent choice. :thumbsup:

endoracing

Newly Enlightened
I had the same question about the holster. The Eagletac one is embarrassing in my opinion, it couldn't be much bulkier. I will have to look into the sure fire.

I do love this light and already had my neighbor say he was gonna have to get one.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same question about the holster. The Eagletac one is embarrassing in my opinion, it couldn't be much bulkier. I will have to look into the sure fire.

I do love this light and already had my neighbor say he was gonna have to get one.

All my G25C2 lights use only the supplied rotating lanyard receptacle and the removal of 'pocket clip' replaced with the supplied rubber spacer.

In this configuration any version of the G25C2 will fit the Surefire V70 polymer holster.

bluemax_1

Enlightened

Just FYI, the Olight holster for the M22 fits the G25C2 MkII if you don't use the tailstand ring, lanyard ring or diffuser. It's one of the nicest holsters I've seen compared to the crap that comes with the Nitecore P25, Supbeam T10 and yes, even the as-big-as-we-can-make-it-but-not-big-enough-to-fit-with-the-diffuser-flipped-up Eagletac holster. The two spare 18650 holders are ingenious too. How is it that no one else thought of that before?

Max

P.S. But THIS looks awesome!
http://www.lampentroll.de/themes/ka...ategorieid=45&source=2&refertype=1&referid=45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bK5KDS0p85o

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brite Strike BTL Quick Cam Roto-Loc Articulating Tactical Holster for Basic Tactical Lights also works with the G25C2.

The only difference is if using the Eagletac flip diffuser you place the switch part of the light at the big base of the holder.

This is a larger holder than the Surefire. :thumbsup:

bluemax_1

Enlightened
Brite Strike BTL Quick Cam Roto-Loc Articulating Tactical Holster for Basic Tactical Lights also works with the G25C2.

The only difference is if using the Eagletac flip diffuser you place the switch part of the light at the big base of the holder.

This is a larger holder than the Surefire. :thumbsup:
I checked out the Brite Strike holster when it was mentioned in the tactical strobe thread as a US available version of the German holster, but I dislike bezel up carry for a tailswitch light, which is why the discovery that the company makes a holster that accomodates the 40-42mm heads common in 1x18650 tactical lights these days is a pleasant surprise (I initially thought they didn't make them for bezels that size).

Max

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked out the Brite Strike holster when it was mentioned in the tactical strobe thread as a US available version of the German holster, but I dislike bezel up carry for a tailswitch light, which is why the discovery that the company makes a holster that accomodates the 40-42mm heads common in 1x18650 tactical lights these days is a pleasant surprise (I initially thought they didn't make them for bezels that size).

Max

I certainly agree with you that the bezel up design will not be liked by everyone.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys! I have the first g25c2 and the mark II version. Now i have the g25c2 MkII X-ml2 Neutral on its way. Im so proud of this flashlight.
You guys should watch this video. I think the guy should change the wood to concrete but.... There are 4 videos. In one of them(drop test) the Catapult V3 simply dies.... Too bad that i dont understand a god damn thing of what he is saying...but its worth watching

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac watched the video and said they would send me a new head that does not have the pre-flash problem. Should have it in 2-3 weeks....stay tuned.

Finally received the new head, but it's exactly the same as the old one (with pre-flash). I guess their engineers just don't get it.

ormandj

Newly Enlightened
Lightjunction still lists the neutral G25C2 MKII with the old emitter. Does anyone know a merchant that is definitely shipping with the XM-L2 T6 (New neutral emitter)?

I've never had a neutral light. Is neutral that much better at seeing true colors?

http://www.illuminationgear.com/14322/435882.html is where I bought one. Seems out of stock, now. Mine is due in Monday.

Regarding neutral and colors, if you look at much brown/green, yes, it is a lot better.

bluemax_1

Enlightened

http://www.illuminationgear.com/14322/435882.html is where I bought one. Seems out of stock, now. Mine is due in Monday.

Regarding neutral and colors, if you look at much brown/green, yes, it is a lot better.

Another thing that the neutral is much better for is identifying cyanosis (a blue hue to the skin, indicating a lack of oxygen). The typical cool white LED doesn't show this well because it makes everything look slightly bluish (and I compared both the XM-L2 U2 vs the XM-L2 T6 versions of the G25C2-mkII as well as other cool white lights).

Max

ormandj

Newly Enlightened
Finally received the new head, but it's exactly the same as the old one (with pre-flash). I guess their engineers just don't get it.

Just received mine and it has pre-flash too. Mine is xm-l2 t6. It doesn't bother me that much, but you can add me to the list of people with the symptom.

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know when the neutral tint will be available in the UK ?
Thanks chaps !

joelbnyc

Enlightened
Too bad that i dont understand a god damn thing of what he is saying...

4 yrs of russian '96-'00 and all I can make out is 'very good,' 'very interesting,' and 'because' ;) Nice video, thanks for posting. My G25C2 XML2 U2 is supposed to arrive tmrw. Next on my list Thrunite TN30...

Last edited: