The Official HDS Junkie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern32

Enlightened
What model was it? The Twisties suffered from dislodged U-wires sometimes, but the Clickies have been potted and cushioned like mad forever. I can't remember the last problem that I read of that was caused by impact. Most common issues seem to be firmware glitches.

PS: Why is this all not in the regular thread?

Because this is the "new" and "fresh" thread! :D

archimedes

Flashaholic
I always found it interesting that HDS seem to be priced at roughly ~ $1 / lumen (new) , over a long period of time, and a wide range of output ... :thinking:

I think I have 6 total, all "legacy" versions, all purchased second-hand at significant discount(s) , and with max of 170 lumens.

Since I rarely use > 100 lumens, these have worked out very well for me :)

The ~100 - 120 lumen versions, when they were ~ $99 - 125 new, seemed like the best "value" ever ....

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumn.com has the 170 N clickies and rotaries for a discounted price. I am more than happy with my 120 and 170 HDS.

GearHunter

Enlightened
PS: Why is this all not in the regular thread?
that was my question as well...we know Henry and Hogo follow the original thread and do keep us updated there so I think I'll just go hang out there. I already have more then enough threads to watch and read.

Lantern32

Enlightened
that was my question as well...we know Henry and Hogo follow the original thread and do keep us updated there so I think I'll just go hang out there. I already have more then enough threads to watch and read.

What's wrong with a new thread though? :( That old one is so cluttered.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's wrong with a new thread though? :( That old one is so cluttered.

It makes zero sense to have two different threads about the exact same subject.

/This thread should be closed.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Thread Closed. Continue in the main thread.

-Kestrel

Lol. :nana:
Yes please!

When this thread started I thought maybe it would be just a place for HDS junkies, but it turned into general discussion, just like the main thread. This content should all be merged.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Yes please!

When this thread started I thought maybe it would be just a place for HDS junkies, but it turned into general discussion, just like the main thread. This content should all be merged.

Well I can't delete my thread, but it doesn't help when you keep saying how this thread should be closed! the only reason this thread should be closed is because all of you keep complaining!!

nbp

Flashaholic
If it had a different angle or specific question or topic that would be one thing, but basically it's just HDS: Discuss. Which is what the long running 18 Part HDS thread is for. Now I'm just confused as to what's in which thread. Surely you understand. Anyways, the mods can do as they see fit. In the meantime I'll monitor both.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
this thread has a certain forrest chump feel to it. people taking up space in the thread to complain about the thread taking up space on the forum. people bumping the thread back to the top to say that they dont know which thread to check because this one keeps getting bumped up. irony is abound here.

i suggest this thread becoming the HDS #19 thread. #18 is way to long now.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If it had a different angle or specific question or topic that would be one thing, but basically it's just HDS: Discuss. Which is what the long running 18 Part HDS thread is for. Now I'm just confused as to what's in which thread. Surely you understand. Anyways, the mods can do as they see fit. In the meantime I'll monitor both.
Exactly. There is nothing to differentiate it from the main thread contentwise, which makes it a duplicate thread.

Should be merged with the main thread and all posts having nothing to do with the lights be deleted.

Maybe as Tab has suggested it could become #19 and close #18, but all concurrent material should be merged.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Is there more than one thread discussing Surefire products?

scout24

Flashaholic
But of course there is more than one thread discussing SF. Various models have their own threads... Maybe the "HCRI 200lm Junkie" thread. Or the "HDS Cerakote Junkie" thread. Maybe "Rotaries Rule"... I agree two is a bit confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.