The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either he's experimenting with dedoming emitters....

No way.

Dedoming is fine for a couple here and there, but that would never fly in a production setting.

Not something associated with a rock solid product either so I place 0% chance on Gene doing that.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I didn't get the email either. I did order a hound dog and Md4 body along with 2 more
18650s.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Did gene state an approximate release on this new "V2" throw head?

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed that the "regular" Hound Dog (not 18650) has been updated to the same style head as the 18650 Hound Dog. I need to start paying more attention.

Man, keeping up to date with the Malkoff products lately is like trying to stay current with a computer. I guess I'd better just keep on buying...

Bullzeyebill

i'm enjoying my M61 throw. It would have to be putting out about 2500l lux before I am interested. and it would be good if low was 50-60 lumens. Just saying.

Bill

Gene43

Enlightened
CPFBA
The V2 Throw head will use the XP-L HI as the emitter. The prototypes are about 40% brighter with 20% less lux. A decent trade off since they still have twice the lux of a M61.

Gene

Gene43

Enlightened
CPFBA
We will also eventually be offering a HOT (High Output Throw) model for a single 18650. This one will be 500+ lumens with higher lux than the original T model.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
We will also eventually be offering a HOT (High Output Throw) model for a single 18650. This one will be 500+ lumens with higher lux than the original T model.

This right here!! Payment standing by. Will these new T models be offered as dropin only? Thanks alot Gene.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Figure's. I have only had the m61t for like 2 weeks. Lol

I know! We got punished for being early adopters!

Lesson learned... don't buy the newest shiny thing from them anymore. Same thing happened to me with the M91 when it got switched to M91A.

Last edited:

DAN92

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Damn, I missed the good deal on the MDX22.3-M61.:(

It will be for another time.

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Just think of the V1 M61T's as immediately rare. I can't believe many were made.

True... and in all honesty, I like the added runtime of the M91 over the slightly brighter M91A anyway. But so many of the dollars, I ended up paying extra for all of the things! Hahaha!

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED info has been updated on the throw head product page. Now listed as an XP-L HI.

Currently out of stock though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts