These LEDs are very unique and very rare and the last of its kind so why not make them even more unique by making the lights/dropins better.
I don't mind paying a little bit more for premium quality malkoff flashlight!
I prefer all my M61's in the 22.3 head. I have a 16.5 head but I modified it to a 22.xI have an m61t md2 on way but seen that it says it’s a different size head is loaded on....an MDX 22.5.
....would something like an m61 9080 module fit ?, Or would a new host be needed?.
so a normal m61 md2 is different to an m61t md2 in head?.
Thanks for making another run and providing us with another great LED; luckily i think I have just about every option in the 219b v2...so i am good on that front. However, now I will have to get these in every option or at least my favorites...we are going to be in trouble when the R9080 run out as i am not the biggest fan of 219c.M61s, M31s, M361s is the plan.
Yes, we're planning on doing it pre-order style so no one will be left waiting for the next run, extras will be purchased of course.
correct, we ran out of LEDs from that batch!
with this list, you might as well start from scratch and redesign the light. I thought I quoted your other post as well, but it didn't make it....Sounds like you need to have a long Talk with Gene to see if he is willing to make any of the changes you desire.To all malkoff fanatics (like me!) who is waiting for these let me tell you the following :-
I have 3 MDC 16650 nichia219b and the beam is
Literally filled with rings, artifacts,...ect!
Simply it's very very ugly!
You have to trust my word about this am a die hard nichia219b fan and you all know that..
And since the M361 dropin and MDC 16650 lights are EDC type dropin/lights
Then please let's all agree to change these unicorns to something better by agreeing with the following please
1. Better reflector free of rings, artifacts and all other bad things we don't want them to have.
2. Better throw more focused beam.
3. Voltage support from 3 Volts to 9 volts.
4. PWM free on all levels
5. 500 Lumens on high (not just for turn on then drop for 450,300,...etc)
6. Regulated output and maximum possible high mode run time
7. Active thermal control like Zebralight (they the best in this one)
8. Better fit and finish ( no more scratches...etc this is not acceptable)
9. How about more color options not just black! How about OD green?
10. Limited edition? Fully Copper? Copper and Titanium? please put me for half a dozen!
We have one chance to make this the ultimate malkoff unicorn!
let's make it right one chance only!
I am not sure if you have any R9080's but they are a little different than the regular 219b R9050 we are used to and know. luckily in the 4000k range it's not quite as dramatic.The return of the Malkoff Nichias is great news. My inventory is missing an M31L. I don't have a Nichia MDC, but I've had little desire to replace the neutral 3 mode I lost over a year ago.