The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nichia!

Banned
To all malkoff fanatics (like me!) who is waiting for these let me tell you the following :-

I have 3 MDC 16650 nichia219b and the beam is

Literally filled with rings, artifacts,...ect!

Simply it's very very ugly!

You have to trust my word about this am a die hard nichia219b fan and you all know that..

And since the M361 dropin and MDC 16650 lights are EDC type dropin/lights

Then please let's all agree to change these unicorns to something better by agreeing with the following please

1. Better reflector free of rings, artifacts and all other bad things we don't want them to have.

2. Better throw more focused beam.

3. Voltage support from 3 Volts to 9 volts.

4. PWM free on all levels

5. 500 Lumens on high (not just for turn on then drop for 450,300,...etc)

6. Regulated output and maximum possible high mode run time

7. Active thermal control like Zebralight (they the best in this one)

8. Better fit and finish ( no more scratches...etc this is not acceptable)

9. How about more color options not just black! How about OD green?

10. Limited edition? Fully Copper? Copper and Titanium?:) please put me for half a dozen!

We have one chance to make this the ultimate malkoff unicorn!

let's make it right one chance only!

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very excited for regular old Malkoff dropins with Nichia emitters. I'm building another 2x AA G3 and need a good M31L.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nichia!

Banned
These LEDs are very unique and very rare and the last of its kind so why not make them even more unique by making the lights/dropins better.

I don't mind paying a little bit more for premium quality malkoff flashlight!

archimedes

Flashaholic
These LEDs are very unique and very rare and the last of its kind so why not make them even more unique by making the lights/dropins better.

I don't mind paying a little bit more for premium quality malkoff flashlight!

Perhaps because it costs quite a lot more to redesign ... the reflector, driver, thermal controls, materials used, anodizing finish, and whatever else was in your list of changes ?

The nice thing about the modular dropins is that, as emitter (and driver) tech continually improves, it is easy to replace the light engine.

And with the "P60" format, you are free to select from a wide range of hosts, to suit your preferences.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
P60 or 16650 mdc I don't mind any of these if they redesign it. I think the mdc is more pocket friendly than p60 host

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an m61t md2 on way but seen that it says it's a different size head is loaded on....an MDX 22.5.
....would something like an m61 9080 module fit ?, Or would a new host be needed?.
so a normal m61 md2 is different to an m61t md2 in head?.

thanks.
I prefer all my M61's in the 22.3 head. I have a 16.5 head but I modified it to a 22.x
M61s, M31s, M361s is the plan.

Yes, we're planning on doing it pre-order style so no one will be left waiting for the next run, extras will be purchased of course.

correct, we ran out of LEDs from that batch!

Craig
Thanks for making another run and providing us with another great LED; luckily i think I have just about every option in the 219b v2...so i am good on that front. However, now I will have to get these in every option or at least my favorites...we are going to be in trouble when the R9080 run out as i am not the biggest fan of 219c.
To all malkoff fanatics (like me!) who is waiting for these let me tell you the following :-

I have 3 MDC 16650 nichia219b and the beam is

Literally filled with rings, artifacts,...ect!

Simply it's very very ugly!

You have to trust my word about this am a die hard nichia219b fan and you all know that..

And since the M361 dropin and MDC 16650 lights are EDC type dropin/lights

Then please let's all agree to change these unicorns to something better by agreeing with the following please

1. Better reflector free of rings, artifacts and all other bad things we don't want them to have.

2. Better throw more focused beam.

3. Voltage support from 3 Volts to 9 volts.

4. PWM free on all levels

5. 500 Lumens on high (not just for turn on then drop for 450,300,...etc)

6. Regulated output and maximum possible high mode run time

7. Active thermal control like Zebralight (they the best in this one)

8. Better fit and finish ( no more scratches...etc this is not acceptable)

9. How about more color options not just black! How about OD green?

10. Limited edition? Fully Copper? Copper and Titanium?:) please put me for half a dozen!

We have one chance to make this the ultimate malkoff unicorn!

let's make it right one chance only!
with this list, you might as well start from scratch and redesign the light. I thought I quoted your other post as well, but it didn't make it....Sounds like you need to have a long Talk with Gene to see if he is willing to make any of the changes you desire.

I am just glad that we have the nichia options from Malkoff/illum that we do

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I think that Gene does what works for him and us. He seems to be very cautious when making decisions re new upgrades to his procucts.

Bill

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The return of the Malkoff Nichias is great news. My inventory is missing an M31L. I don't have a Nichia MDC, but I've had little desire to replace the neutral 3 mode I lost over a year ago.

Nichia!, I don't expect you're going to find many other Junkies that agree with your desired changes.

nbp

Flashaholic
But this is malkoff?! Not like anything else right?

Just find the light that suits you rather than expecting someone to change every single thing about their product to create the thing you want. Faster, cheaper, less frustrating for all involved.

Nichia!

Banned
It's malkoff and I want to see something new from him.

Why? It's made in the USA and fully potted.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The return of the Malkoff Nichias is great news. My inventory is missing an M31L. I don't have a Nichia MDC, but I've had little desire to replace the neutral 3 mode I lost over a year ago.
I am not sure if you have any R9080's but they are a little different than the regular 219b R9050 we are used to and know. luckily in the 4000k range it's not quite as dramatic.

these will have some pink to them and they are slightly cooler in color than the 219b r9050. I still like them very much but some may not like the R9080 because of all the added red. The SW45 R9080 sometimes has quite a bit of pink and can have purple as well...depends on the situation. just want the nichia lovers to be aware if they haven't the chance to experience these emitters

Status
Not open for further replies.