The Official Malkoff Junkie Thread- Part III

Wurkkos
Status
Not open for further replies.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Could never get any of my 361’s to run Reliable with the hi/lo ring.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Re: Malkoff Flashlights Thread

Speaking of warm, Gene was kind enough to build me a warm MDC AA a while back which I stupidly sold. The only reason I have somewhat come to terms with my idiocy is that it went to Infrnl to add to his repetoire of Malkoff lights for testing.

MDC AA Warm group buy when?

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Could never get any of my 361’s to run Reliable with the hi/lo ring.

It doesn't come close to working properly :D, but it works perfectly for how I use it. Here is what happens. I can cycle from low to high when the Hi/Lo ring is on lo, but it doesn't cycle down, so when I turn the Hi/Lo ring to Hi, the light is on High.

When I carry it, I just keep the Hi/Lo ring on Hi. When it's on the night table the Hi/Lo ring is on Lo.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bedside light is also a Malkoff, MD2 with a 219B V2, Hi/lp ring and a GITD Oveready Triad tail. When the tail is chaged up you can see it from the other side of the room. When I switch it on in low it doesn't make me go "ouch".
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
You know that one thing I like about my HDS lights. I can find them in the dark “locator beacon “. I have to figure out a way to do that with my Malkoffs. Wouldn’t mind milling a slot in the tail and putting in a trit. Have to talk to gene about This and see if he thinks there’s enough meat. In the tri cap I’m thinking there will be. Or i used to have GITD key fobs I got on here many many moons ago. They would glow for 8-10 hours when charged.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
It doesn't come close to working properly :D, but it works perfectly for how I use it. Here is what happens. I can cycle from low to high when the Hi/Lo ring is on lo, but it doesn't cycle down, so when I turn the Hi/Lo ring to Hi, the light is on High.

When I carry it, I just keep the Hi/Lo ring on Hi. When it's on the night table the Hi/Lo ring is on Lo.

You see mine would work just fine when the ring was set to high. But on low it was all over and sometimes not changing at all. But if I went back to high then low again it would work. Almost like it was resetting or something. It’s a shame because the low you get with that is LOW! Loved it but drove me nuts.

RWT1405

Enlightened
My M60LL swaps between my 3XAA FiveMega host and a G2Z. Now that is a great drop in. Had it for probably 10-12 years. Maybe more.

I agree, the M60LL's just might be the most versatile drop-in ever, at least IMHO.

I have a few in SF G3's also, along with AA adapter's for them, and a couple of "dummy cell" CR123's allowing me to use 1, 2, or 3 CR123's or AA's, it doesn't get much better then that!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I agree. In fact I really need to start searching for another one. If the one I have spits the bit it’s not like gene can fix it.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bedside light is also a Malkoff, MD2 with a 219B V2, Hi/lp ring and a GITD Oveready Triad tail. When the tail is chaged up you can see it from the other side of the room. When I switch it on in low it doesn't make me go "ouch".
P

You mean like this?
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1567863622.592089.jpg

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
I run a Malkoff WCV6 and Elzetta Charlie on one side of the bed with a Glock. The other side of the bed is running an AR-15 with a SF 600 lumen Scout light. That is all I have around the bed for lights.

I would like a SHO neutral 4000K 1 CR123A to use up my half expended collection of SF123A cells. Maybe Gene will make me one.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I have to many little ones running around to keep that kind of stuff by my bed. I do have a weapon handy if need be.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
You run a stock SF head on that Scout? I’ve been tempted to try a bodyguard on a Arisaka body.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
You run a stock SF head on that Scout? I’ve been tempted to try a bodyguard on a Arisaka body.

Yes, I run the stock 600 lumen KE2-A head on the light. Hard to justify switching all my scout heads out when they are all 600 lumens and cost about 289.00 I think when I bought them. (I have a lot of them.)

It depends on your usage for the light/weapon, personally I want a light with momentary/constant only. I would go with a malkoff light that didn't drop after 8 seconds (like the bodyguard) on the Arisaka but that is just me, and I don't know your usage.

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know that one thing I like about my HDS lights. I can find them in the dark “locator beacon “. I have to figure out a way to do that with my Malkoffs. Wouldn’t mind milling a slot in the tail and putting in a trit. Have to talk to gene about This and see if he thinks there’s enough meat. In the tri cap I’m thinking there will be. Or i used to have GITD key fobs I got on here many many moons ago. They would glow for 8-10 hours when charged.

My bedside light is in a Thor’s holster that has a trit. Low enough not to bother but easily seen.

5001craig

Newly Enlightened

Bedside light is an MD3 M61W with high/low. Love this light. Along with all my other Malkoff's. Really looking forward to receiving my M61 219B V3 when it ships.

Not really sure why the old thread got shut-down. Also not really sure why there can't be a sub-forum for Malkoff's like there are for the other brands. Some of which see zero traffic...

Kestrel

Staff member

Not really sure why the old thread got shut-down. [...]
The job of Admins & Mods here on CPF is to help administer & moderate the forum; when I do my very best to explain why things are done they way they are, I truly do hope it becomes apparent to most of the readers here - I spend considerable time composing posts such as these as to be as clear as humanly possible.

However, despite the best efforts of CPF staff, not all of the general readership will be on board with regards to these considerations. At that point, there is little more that can be done with regards to communication - it is really helpful when Membership can meet us halfway on these sorts of communication challenges.

[...] Also not really sure why there can't be a sub-forum for Malkoff's like there are for the other brands. Some of which see zero traffic...
Since there was a recent discussion thread in Q/P/S on this exact same topic only two months ago, I see little opportunity for the topic to be clearer than what was posted then;
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...for-a-sub-forum-for-the-Official-light-of-CPF

In fact, I am encouraged by the fact that a general member was able to determine the primary issue involved, with minimal prompting by staff.
I believe that this was able to occur because this sort of discussion has come up from time to time, and most of the CPF members are generally up to speed on these sorts of considerations.

I'm not sure if you have read that thread & not understood it; or have missed out on its applicable content. Either way, I believe that CPF Staff have done their best and at that point, I begin to suspect that communication challenges are occurring elsewhere in the chain.

-----

If Membership feels the need to discuss this topic in a way that will add to the general understanding, feel free to create a thread on that topic in the Q/P/S subforum.
However, if the new thread simply reiterates points of conflict and confusion that have been attempted in existing threads without resolution from the point of view of the current poster, the most likely result will be the rapid closure of the new thread via a CPF Staff member with a brief comment along the lines of "asked & answered in a prior thread".

Please consider my post here to be the final word on this topic; thank you for your time & best regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.