• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Official Malkoff M61N NEUTRAL L-L-L-L Group Buy!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not get to do any real testing yet, plan on trying some of that tonight. I did stick them in my LumensTube real quick, on 2xCR123 the 4000K SST LLLL was 21 lumens, and the 5000K XPG2 is 30 lumens. I'm thinking draw is a bit lower on these, as the 5K XP-G2 was about 30% more efficient than the 3000K 90CRI I used for the W M61 LLLL.That's a total speculation at this point though.

Tint on the 4000K is very even in tint across the beam, definitely a solid 4000K though with slight green (mostly only noticeable with 219b comparison, without any comparison it just looks nice and solid 4000K.) The SST has a tiny bit smaller/ denser hotspot, perhaps 10-20% that of the XP-G2. I'm very excited to see these put to use in more Malkoff's!

Tint on the 5000K is a bit shifty, but overall solid and definitely 5000K. Beam profile is the same as previous XP-G2 M61s. Hotspot is a very pure white, with a slightly more warmish surround/ falloff to slightly cooler edges. I will post some comparisons hopefully tonight. I think diffusing this is going to be my route, looks great with a little soft diffuser!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So maybe slightly more efficient then the WLLLL? That's a good thing. The runtimes with those are horrible 😂😂😂😂👍🏻😂😂

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran out of boxes! No fear though I will get everything shipped today. I think the only person yet to make contact RE shipping is fizeau. Again, no rush. I accidentally upset the super awesome postal workers today, I was loading their blue box with these flat rate boxes and APPARENTLY this is not something they appreciate. Felt SUPER bad. LOL, so yeah if you can run in your bunch of boxes, do that! I figured it would be really annoying for me to walk in with almost 40 flat rates and just hand them over but apparently that's what they want, for anyone who hasn't experienced this.

I have to say, this was kinda a lot of fun. This one was a bunch more work shipping than I anticipated but I'm starting to whittle down a good system. It's really fun to see how these are going all over the world! Brazil, Australia, Canada, and every single corner of the US. I feel very lucky to have been apart of this process and to deliver light across the globe.

Thank you all again for participating and for the generosity expressed.

ALSO, diffusing this 5000K is WICKED! This thing is almost dead-nuts true neutral, no overall hint of green or magenta.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mean, I'm just throwing it out there. If somebody decides they don't like it I may know a guy. :D. Grats everyone hope you all enjoy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm going to run the heck out of them but think I'll do some draw test before I check runtimes. Don't feel like waiting for week long tests😁

bykfixer

Flashaholic
What are your impressions of the 4k dot?
Gene's normal N is what, 44k? Thereabouts?

I was thinking a 5k in a light born with an LED module and the 4k in a light born with an incan module. I have a Pentagon eX that has an old M60T that will probably get the 4k module and a G2L that will probably get the 5k module. But my Kroll switched MD2 hi/lo with an M61NL may get the 5k.
Decisions, decisions……

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the 4K, very even tint across the beam and the beam profile is slightly tighter than the standard M61N thanks to the smaller die of the SST-20. Given a slightly lower output I think this is actually ideal. If you aren't white-wall hunting, color rendering is superb and overall extremely pleasant to use. Unless you have a pure white surface, the slightly green tinge is not noticeable- to my rather discerning eyes at least. Super fun to see one of the first SST-20 Malkoff modules. Currently have one in a press-fit Z2, great reason to not worry about the xenon lamp melting that lens!

I just put a frosted UCL into a G3 with the 5000K, and holy smokes do I love this light! Didn't think I'd care for the 5000K module at all given the slight shift but through any sort of diffuser, it's superb. Makes great use of that slightly extra output. Very creamy!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick shipping note/ update:

Some users have noticed that their tracking has not yet updated. When I ran out of boxes I missed the pickup window for yesterday, so they are on today's truck. I have noticed USPS shipping hasn't been as accurate for me, if you do not see tracking updates by tomorrow afternoon please contact me and I will have USPS see if they can track the package. Apologies for any inconvenience, but as of now everyone but Fizeau has had theirs shipped.

archimedes

Flashaholic
My guess is that, likely at least partially due to pandemic-related staffing issues, delivery confirmation scanning (or so-called "tracking" ) is more often delayed or missed lately.

In any case, I have seen a further decrease in this reliability over the past month or so.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to be off topic, but a 2 day priority box took 10 days to get to me and tracking rarely updated